We have a SCOTUS nominee - Sonia Sotomayor

The AP is reporting that President Obama has selected Sonia Sotomayor, U.S. Court of Appeals - New York, to replace David Souter on the U.S. Supreme Court. An official announcement is planned for later this morning. If confirmed, she would be the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice.

Okay, now that we have a nominee, the attacks can begin. :lmao:

Vince

The AP is reporting that President Obama has selected Sonia Sotomayor, U.S. Court of Appeals - New York, to replace David Souter on the U.S. Supreme Court. An official announcement is planned for later this morning. If confirmed, she would be the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice.

Not real concerned about her ethnic backround. This woman is about as far left a liberal as you can get. :doh: I wonder where the vote will go in 4 years after all the liberals get done screwing this country up?

firstroundko

Registered Devil Dog
Not real concerned about her ethnic backround. This woman is about as far left a liberal as you can get. :doh: I wonder where the vote will go in 4 years after all the liberals get done screwing this country up?

What difference does it make? Clearly neither philosophy is that rock solid, because we keep going back and forth between the two..........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, you knew it was going to be a minority. Odrama could have put up Hugo Chavez and the second a conservative said a word about it, the libs would start screaming RACIST!!!! at the top of their lungs.

This way he gets his ultra-hard-Left pick and bigot whitey can't make one single objection.

Well, you knew it was going to be a minority. Odrama could have put up Hugo Chavez and the second a conservative said a word about it, the libs would start screaming RACIST!!!! at the top of their lungs.

This way he gets his ultra-hard-Left pick and bigot whitey can't make one single objection.

I never pegged you as a racist before. :lol:

ImnoMensa

I am glad someone thinks it's funny.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She's perfect; An affirmative action choice made by an affirmative action president. He picked her, cynically, for being a woman and Puerto Rican first and foremost.

There's plenty of sound reasons why he's not a good choice for potus and there are plenty of sound reasons why she's not a good choice for scotus.

So, if there is still an opposition party in this nation, just point out the obvious, make the argument, speak your peace, shut up and get out of the way. Advise and consent.

BOP

You're racist!

She's hispanic; you said something bad about her, therefore, you clearly hate Mexicans (and by extension, all hispanics). Never mind she isn't Mexican.

You have to try and get this new paradigm in liberal sllyogism. Otherwise, they'll send you for re-education.