100,000 for a Birthday Party

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Suri Cruise's 2nd birthday bash reportedly cost $100,000 thanks to a $45,000 catering bill and a $5,000 cake..

Wow... That's a bit much for a 2 yr old... Sounds like it was more for the adults.

Nanny Pam

:faint: Some people have way too much money.
That's just ridiculous!

She's going to be so spoiled, she'll grow up to be another Paris Hilton brat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brought to you by the same people who think our taxes should be raised to help the poor.

UFB.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Even if I could afford to put up that much for a birthday party, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe a few thousand dollars for a sweet sixteen, but 25-100k?

Perspective. If you're household income is, for the sake of argument, $100,000 and you might spend $2,000 for a special occasion, that's 2% of gross income. If you'd only plop down $100 for a regular birthday, that's .1%.

So, if you gross a million, which isn't much when we're talking Hollywood, 2% would be $20,000 and .1% is $1,000. There's 3,000 people in Maryland who filed $1 mil plus tax returns last year.

So, $2 mil would be the equivalent of $40,000 and $2,000 and a $10 mil income spending percentages you might do would be $200,000 and $10,000

When Micheal Jordon was still playing, he made so much money that it wasn't worth his time to pick up a $100 bill. He made more money in that amount of time.

It's all a matter of perspective.

eddy1

Perspective. If you're household income is, for the sake of argument, $100,000 and you might spend $2,000 for a special occasion, that's 2% of gross income. If you'd only plop down $100 for a regular birthday, that's .1%.

So, if you gross a million, which isn't much when we're talking Hollywood, 2% would be $20,000 and .1% is $1,000. There's 3,000 people in Maryland who filed $1 mil plus tax returns last year.

So, $2 mil would be the equivalent of $40,000 and $2,000 and a $10 mil income spending percentages you might do would be $200,000 and $10,000

When Micheal Jordon was still playing, he made so much money that it wasn't worth his time to pick up a $100 bill. He made more money in that amount of time.

:buddies: I have to agree. Tom Cruise makes 31 million dollars a movie. Katie Holmes is considered to be worth 23 million dollars. By these standards, lets say they are worth a minimum of 100 million dollars. (Tom has done several movies making well over 25 million per film.) This would equate to them spending $100.00 if they made one hundred thousand a year. I know I spend 100 dollars on a party for my kids.
It's all a matter of perspective.

eddy1

Over react much?

So, how long have you been an Obamaite?

Never! I am a huge John McCain supporter. Supported him financially on both of his campaigns. I do believe in America though. Huge supporter of this country. While I disagree with some of the things the politicians do, I figure I got a vote and a manner in which I can get things done. I believe action is better than sitting around complaining and being paranoid about life.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Suri Cruise's 2nd birthday bash reportedly cost $100,000 thanks to a $45,000 catering bill and $5,000 in coke..

Wow... That's a bit much for a 2 yr old... Sounds like it was more for the adults.

:fixed: