Paper Runs Ad Calling for Obama's Assassination

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"A Pennsylvania newspaper should be expecting a visit from the Secret Service soon. The Warren Pennsylvania Times-Observer published an ad on Thursday that called for the assassination of President Barack Obama."

"Upon realizing the mistake early Thursday morning, the ad was immediately discontinued and the identity of the person who placed the ad was turned over to Warren City Police as per newspaper policy. The local police department forwarded the information to federal authorities, as per department policy.

More at: SNAFU-ed .... Situation Normal: Paper Runs Ad Calling for Obama's Assassination

L

Libertarian

"A Pennsylvania newspaper should be expecting a visit from the Secret Service soon. The Warren Pennsylvania Times-Observer published an ad on Thursday that called for the assassination of President Barack Obama."

"Upon realizing the mistake early Thursday morning, the ad was immediately discontinued and the identity of the person who placed the ad was turned over to Warren City Police as per newspaper policy. The local police department forwarded the information to federal authorities, as per department policy.

More at: SNAFU-ed .... Situation Normal: Paper Runs Ad Calling for Obama's Assassination
What an idiot to place such an ad. I am not saying whether the newspaper employee that permitted the ad to go through should suffer consequences from his employer (providing it was an oversite or mistake); that is between the two of them. I did not even know for sure Garfield and McKinley were assassinated in office until I looked it up. But the person that placed the ad...what an idiot...the Secret Service shall deal with him appropriately. I am a strong advocate of free speech, but not including suggestions like that (even against Presidents whose policies I strongly disagree with).

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Sounds like a wish, not a threat or an attempt to hire an assassin. With every lefty blog wishing Bush's demise and even a movie made about him being killed I doubt there was much action by the Service. Now just wishful thinking gets the obama's minions all cranked up.

May
Past tense might (mīt).

1. To be allowed or permitted to: May I take a swim? Yes, you may.
2. Used to indicate a certain measure of likelihood or possibility: It may rain this afternoon.
3. Used to express a desire or fervent wish: Long may he live!
4. Used to express contingency, purpose, or result in clauses introduced by that or so that: expressing ideas so that the average person may understand.
5. To be obliged; must. Used in statutes, deeds, and other legal documents. See Usage Note at can1.

donbarzini

Sounds like a wish, not a threat or an attempt to hire an assassin. With every lefty blog wishing Bush's demise and even a movie made about him being killed I doubt there was much action by the Service. Now just wishful thinking gets the obama's minions all cranked up.

May
Past tense might (mīt).

1. To be allowed or permitted to: May I take a swim? Yes, you may.
2. Used to indicate a certain measure of likelihood or possibility: It may rain this afternoon.
3. Used to express a desire or fervent wish: Long may he live!
4. Used to express contingency, purpose, or result in clauses introduced by that or so that: expressing ideas so that the average person may understand.
5. To be obliged; must. Used in statutes, deeds, and other legal documents. See Usage Note at can1.

You would be incorrect

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
You would be incorrect

Meh... Either way it was a wishful thinking kind of statement, hardly a call to action. :yawn:

They might as well have said "may he go the way of the passenger pigeon", about as many people would have figured that one out....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is vile and disgusting and has no place in a proper society. What next, a movie about assassinating the president?

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
It would definitely give someone "standing" to see proof of Obama's eligibility.

The liberal media and courts have decided they don't want to talk about the eligibility thing anymore. They'd rather talk about Obama's ugly dog or highlight Michelle as some kind of princess. How soon people forget about some of the comments she made about America.

Anyway, I don't know why I bother to try to have a logical reasonable argument with liberals because their brains just can't handle it but.....Take all those mean ads and statements you've heard about Obama. Think about how upset you got and wrong they were. Now, replace the name Obama with Bush. That's it. Just replace the name. I'll bet you're laughing now and dont have a problem with those comments.

One example...Think about the monkey photo thing. When they did ONE picture of Obama portayed as a monkey, everyone went nuts! It didn't matter that they did that to Bush for 8 years. Nuf said!

Last edited:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

I just realized this was a NONNO post. I can't believe I actually read and responded to one of these. I usually put his posts on ignore. lol.