My Indy-Bug

Independence

Please keep him in your prayers. He's a 5 year old male boxer with Mast Cell Tumor Type III and it is very aggressive. The tumor is on his face and it has spread to his lymph node. Although we could do chemo and/or radiation the rate of the tumor growth and the fact that it has already spread to his lymph node there would be no cure only prolonging the inevitable. Right now he is happy and otherwise "health". Our goal is to keep him that way and when the time comes... it comes...

This is such a horrible disease.....

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Please keep him in your prayers. He's a 5 year old male boxer with Mast Cell Tumor Type III and it is very aggressive. The tumor is on his face and it has spread to his lymph node. Although we could do chemo and/or radiation the rate of the tumor growth and the fact that it has already spread to his lymph node there would be no cure only prolonging the inevitable. Right now he is happy and otherwise "health". Our goal is to keep him that way and when the time comes... it comes...

Doggie prayers being sent your way...

SoMDGirl42

:frown: Give him lots of love and attention and make the time he has left special for you both. Remember to take lots of picture. :flowers:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

How sad. :frown:

Bless you for thinking of him and what's best for him. It's a very hard decision. :huggy:

tes218

:huggy:Prayers said for him and the family. Always so hard to lose the ones we love. The term "quality time" takes on a very real meaning at times like this.

muttdog

Sorry to hear that your dog, but atleast he has had 5 years of love in a good home.:huggy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Poem for you.

Sorry about your pup, enjoy these days while he still can. I think this poem helps when having to say goodbye!:huggy:

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

frequentflier

happy to be living

HUGS

Independence

Thanks to all. It was a difficult decision and as selfish as I'd like to be his well being is more important.

What a beautiful poem. It made me cry but it's sooo true. We'll be together to the end.

S

samt2008

That poem brought me to tears! How beautiful yet still so sad.

I just had to have both by boxers have surgery for lumps to be remove but luckily they were benign, so I feel for you at this difficult time.

Remember, best friends live forever in the memories we keep, be strong for your boy at this difficult time, you will be together again some day.

Loper

Animal Poor!

I am very sorry!!!! :huggy: Just enjoy everyday you can with him and be strong! It's hard to let them go, but selfish keeping them alive for ourselves and many people do that. Do what is right for your boy and love and cherish every minute you have till then. :huggy:

Independence

We are taking every day as blessing!! The tumor on his face continues to grow but he's still eating and drinking. It's a blessing that he doesn't know that he's sick. I have noticed he gets tired pretty quick and that says something for 5 year old boxer.

Thanks to all for you concern, thoughts and prayers. Hoping to have another good week with our boy. We go back to the vet next Monday to get his stitches removed.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I so feel your pain. I lost my best friend last week to a form of canine dementia which, like your pup's disease, has no cure and is a horrible disease. She fought it valiantly but it was too much in the end and she died on her own terms before I had to put her to sleep.

Wishing you and your pup the best for as long as you have together. :huggy:

Loper

Animal Poor!
I so feel your pain. I lost my best friend last week to a form of canine dementia which, like your pup's disease, has no cure and is a horrible disease. She fought it valiantly but it was too much in the end and she died on her own terms before I had to put her to sleep.

Wishing you and your pup the best for as long as you have together. :huggy:

I am very sorry Jazz... :huggy:

Independence

Well tomorrow will be 4 weeks since Indy's surgery and his still kicking it boxer style ;) The tumor on his face is growing and another lymph node is getting bigger under his chin. We just found out that the drug test study of Palladia is going to be expanded and his oncologist in Annapolis is going to participate. The meds are due in on July 6 and he has an appoinment on July 7. I read the pros and cons and study results to date. I am willing to try this and hope for some positive results. He has a death sentence now so what choice do I have. If it makes him sick or changes him we can discontinue use. Many of the dogs involved have had amazing results and more the a few had died.

I'm just hoping his condition doesn't get bad in the next 2 weeks. More waiting.... the oncologist is supposed to call me today to firm things up. Wish us luck!

smilin

BOXER NATION
Just remember he loves you no matter what you do. You're the leader of HIS pack.
Over the years I've had to do this with three Boxers and even today I feel terrible about it.
Tough decision days ahead, good luck.

Independence

He's our 3rd boxer too. This one hurts because he's so young. We had a rough week last week but his still fighting. I'm hoping it's a sign and everything is coming together like this for a reason. He's still playing and finally eating again and all the other functions are good. I won't let him suffer so I'm still taking things day by day. Right now he's snoozing on his blankey right next to my desk. I am so fortunate the he can come to work with me!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
He's our 3rd boxer too. This one hurts because he's so young. We had a rough week last week but his still fighting. I'm hoping it's a sign and everything is coming together like this for a reason. He's still playing and finally eating again and all the other functions are good. I won't let him suffer so I'm still taking things day by day. Right now he's snoozing on his blankey right next to my desk. I am so fortunate the he can come to work with me!!

I keep thinking about your boy and hoping for the best. I'd be lost without my Biscuit Boy.