Suicide Of A 12-Year-Old

K

Kizzy

I missed it, but I've read about this case before. It is interesting to say the least, but I'm just not sure how they intend to prove abuse on the fact she had a dirty house. Sure, the mother missed the signs, but there are way too many people in line that are just as much to blame.

I think it is a sad example of a broken family and a school system that had gone wrong. Many teachers ingnored the bullying. They knew and saw what was going on.

D

Dals_daddy

Sad

That is sad but to make matters even worse we had this happen right around here just a couple of years ago. A good friend of mine who always said he hated things in his life (I won't go into particulars) took his own life at 15. It was terrible, the boy was a sophmore in high school. To make matters even worse, there were many times when we felt like telling someone but he would stop us, he would say things like 'I know things will get better, please don't tell anyone'. Terrible situation. Things like this occur everyday throughout the world, and most of it can be prevented. I don't put the blame solely on the parents, but the majority of it is due to them. Children need love in their lives I don't care if they are 2 or 16. When life gets tough for them and they come home because they know that is the one place where they can find refuge then all of the sudden that becomes unbearable, that is when these sort of thigns happen.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Re: Sad

Originally posted by Dals_daddy
That is sad but to make matters even worse we had this happen right around here just a couple of years ago.

It happens all the time. You know about your friend b/c it was your friend, but it happens often enough that it rarely makes the papers, that's the really sad part. Most of the time people look back and see that they were missing the signs.

It is bad enough that when I was in high school, they taught us the more common signs to look for and told us to report it to the counselors. I assume they still do that.

The tragedy here is that suicides are getting younger and younger. People can't believe that, so they miss the really obvious signs. But this child was sh!tting himself to avoid school. There was something wrong. I am bothered by the fact that the mother didn't seek counseling, despite being told by school officials to do so. I am bothered that she didn't feel he needed it.