Thread: $100 Reward-Stolen Laptop

$100 Reward-Stolen Laptop

Hello,
    My apartment was broken into today in lexington park, so far the only things missing are my wifes laptop and a bottle of vodka. anyway, there is a $100 reward if someone can bring it back to me. its a black HP pavillion laptop. i can provide more info if someone has it. if you're the person that stole it, i'll even pay you the $100 for it and wont turn you in, i just want it back.

I Need a Life
    Quote Originally Posted by meddauna View Post
    Hello,
    My apartment was broken into today in lexington park, so far the only things missing are my wifes laptop and a bottle of vodka. anyway, there is a $100 reward if someone can bring it back to me. its a black HP pavillion laptop. i can provide more info if someone has it. if you're the person that stole it, i'll even pay you the $100 for it and wont turn you in, i just want it back.
    It may be a little late, but they make lojack for lap tops, so you can trace them, might wanna look into that if you get it back. Sorry for the loss.

I hope you find your laptop and more importantly, your vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Francis View Post
    You suggested I relieve myself, what better place than the graveyard

citizen_fear
    Quote Originally Posted by meddauna View Post
    Hello,
    That blows, sorry dude. Hopefully ........

Quote Originally Posted by morningbell View Post
    I hope you find your laptop and more importantly, your vodka
    me too, the laptop was a graduation gift for my wife, and the vodka was a stocking stuffer for her. I'm not sure if she's more upset about the laptop or the vodka

Blog Entries
    Good luck getting your laptop back. If mine went missing, I would have a rather significant panic attack.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Good luck getting your laptop back. If mine went missing, I would have a rather significant panic attack.
    I'm sure most people would.
    Some considerations:
    Don't check the "Remember my Password" boxes. Anyone who gets on the computer has access to anything you auto-logon to.
    Make sure you have important files stored on CD, DVD, external hard drive, network storage.... Tough to replace all those photos, emails and tax documents.

Some would say to enable the boot or hard disk password, but there are too many ways to circumvent those protections. We're (company) forced to use a disk encryption with password access. If the laptop is stolen, you cannot access the info on the hard drive without a password, even if you remove the drive and put it in another computer.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Something to think of, encrypt your hard drive with a utility like TrueCrypt. It is mandatory for all laptops where we work at that leave our facility. It actually helps speed them up if you encrypt the entire volume - you do not need to reload your software, you can encrypt them while they are loaded.

If the drive is removed and placed in another system it appears like it does not have a partition on it (white noise) and they will format over top of it and use it. Works very well to protect your personal data.

To the OP; I would start calling pawn shops in the Tri-County area and send them the information for your laptop - also, start scanning E-Bay. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZ06 View Post
    I used to have a German shepard but would like to get a different kind of dog this time around. I think I would like to try an American breed of dog this time around.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.