$100 Reward-Stolen Laptop

meddauna

Hello,
My apartment was broken into today in lexington park, so far the only things missing are my wifes laptop and a bottle of vodka. anyway, there is a $100 reward if someone can bring it back to me. its a black HP pavillion laptop. i can provide more info if someone has it. if you're the person that stole it, i'll even pay you the $100 for it and wont turn you in, i just want it back.

muttdog

Hello,
My apartment was broken into today in lexington park, so far the only things missing are my wifes laptop and a bottle of vodka. anyway, there is a $100 reward if someone can bring it back to me. its a black HP pavillion laptop. i can provide more info if someone has it. if you're the person that stole it, i'll even pay you the $100 for it and wont turn you in, i just want it back.

It may be a little late, but they make lojack for lap tops, so you can trace them, might wanna look into that if you get it back. Sorry for the loss.

C

citizen_fear

Hello,

That blows, sorry dude. Hopefully ........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good luck getting your laptop back. If mine went missing, I would have a rather significant panic attack.

Good luck getting your laptop back. If mine went missing, I would have a rather significant panic attack.

I'm sure most people would.
Some considerations:
Don't check the "Remember my Password" boxes. Anyone who gets on the computer has access to anything you auto-logon to.
Make sure you have important files stored on CD, DVD, external hard drive, network storage.... Tough to replace all those photos, emails and tax documents.

Some would say to enable the boot or hard disk password, but there are too many ways to circumvent those protections. We're (company) forced to use a disk encryption with password access. If the laptop is stolen, you cannot access the info on the hard drive without a password, even if you remove the drive and put it in another computer.

Something to think of, encrypt your hard drive with a utility like TrueCrypt. It is mandatory for all laptops where we work at that leave our facility. It actually helps speed them up if you encrypt the entire volume - you do not need to reload your software, you can encrypt them while they are loaded.

If the drive is removed and placed in another system it appears like it does not have a partition on it (white noise) and they will format over top of it and use it. Works very well to protect your personal data.

To the OP; I would start calling pawn shops in the Tri-County area and send them the information for your laptop - also, start scanning E-Bay. :yay: Good luck!