Out of the mainstream

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.anncoulter.org/

Good piece by Ann Coulter - you libs especially should take a peek.

She's talking about Bush's judicial nominees and how libs spin them as "out of the mainstream", when their views are supported by the majority of Americans.

SamSpade

I'm amazed at how often people believe their ideas are the mainstream without checking the facts.

I'm fine with believing strongly about something and being in disagreement with the majority. There's something DIScomforting knowing your view is shared by the masses. But I'm never under the illusion that my view is held by everyone else. Too used to being the underdog.

This goes straight to the heart of the previous remarks that liberals believe they speak for the little guy, the weak, the powerless, the masses. But they have messed up logic that further goes that WHENEVER they voice an opinion, it's the little guy's. When they find out the little guy doesn't agree with them, it's up to them to *educate* him. Once again, they don't voice what he believes, they TELL him what to believe.

Pete

Repete
"I note that liberals laughed at the idea that a "hostile environment" could be created by a single incident of a governor dropping his pants and asking a subordinate to "kiss it." But the mere speculative threat of a manager saying "wetback" – one time – was such a threat to the stability of the nation that the Times backed a prior restraint on the manager's speech."
-Ann Coulter

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
One of the things I like about these message boards is that everyone can get their say in to present and debate their point. Each of us pretty much only represents themselves, however and doesn't pretend to be the voice of anyone.