This Is No Longer Funny

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
OK, I'm sure you have all noticed that packaging at the grocery is getting smaller and staying the same price.

This morning I'm making tuna for our lunch. ALWAYS get two sandwiches from a can. But it just doesn't look like two sandwiches worth.

Sure enough, the can is now 5 oz. I had an older can in the pantry, and it's 6 oz. The can is 1/16 of an inch shorter!

:war:

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/432; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Look at it this way, maybe less dolphins are being killed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Right, once they removed the dolphin, there was too much room in the can.

Looking at it, the pouch and the can both carry 2oz drained. Cant say about undrained, except that the pouch doesnt really need drained. Maybe thats the change, they took out 1oz of water?

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
My monthy purchase of dog food went from a 50# bag to a 48# bag now being sold as a 44# bag-oh, and the price went up along the way.:cds:

Vince

Try pricing the organic stuff. Regular loaf of bread around $1.64. Organic loaf of bread $4. How's that for inflation. Obviously, I bought the regular.

kvj21075

Meow
i said icecream! but ill be honest, i rather buy the smaller package swhere the price stays "about" the same, then the same size package for more. i dont want to know! let me be naive! Love me! Fool me!

lovinmaryland

OK, I'm sure you have all noticed that packaging at the grocery is getting smaller and staying the same price.

This morning I'm making tuna for our lunch. ALWAYS get two sandwiches from a can. But it just doesn't look like two sandwiches worth.

Sure enough, the can is now 5 oz. I had an older can in the pantry, and it's 6 oz. The can is 1/16 of an inch shorter!

:war:

Go to Bj's or Costco they sell a HUGE can of Tuna there for like 6 or 7 $. It is HUGE!!! I usually make a big batch of tuna fish and Tuna Noodle Cassarole w/ it.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Try pricing the organic stuff. Regular loaf of bread around $1.64. Organic loaf of bread $4. How's that for inflation. Obviously, I bought the regular.

That's why I'm so happy to be buying local organic produce, that stuff in the pretty package at McKay's and Food Lion is outrageous :yikes:
I have to be picky with what I'm eating anyhow, organic as much as possible but not necessary with all produce.

lovinmaryland

I am sure people are already doing this ... but to save a little time and $ here and there on produce items like mushrooms, sliced bell yellow red peppers, etc... I go to McKays or Safeways salad bar and just put those things in a container.

I got just the right amount of peppers, onions, and mushrooms I needed for spagetti the other night and it only cost me $.86 If I would have purchased those items seperatly it would have cost me at least $4 and I would have had to sit there and prep each item :yay:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I am sure people are already doing this ... but to save a little time and $ here and there on produce items like mushrooms, sliced bell yellow red peppers, etc... I go to McKays or Safeways salad bar and just put those things in a container.

I got just the right amount of peppers, onions, and mushrooms I needed for spagetti the other night and it only cost me $.86 If I would have purchased those items seperatly it would have cost me at least $4 and I would have had to sit there and prep each item :yay:

Thats a good idea! I have never thought about doing such! Thank you. I always just buy big quantities and I make a lot of similar items over the next few days.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

I've never thought of that. Thank you for the very good idea! :clap:

If you got anymore good ideas, I would like to hear it! :yay: