Prince Frederick Ford... how unprofessional is thi

TigerTeacher

So, you tell me. Is this email unprofessional? I emailed them asking them what they had available with very specific parameters. I got back an initial reply whose qoute was through the roof. I told them I wasn't interested.

Today, I get this...

Hi XXXXX

So what was the deal, was the price too high for you? You never let me know yay or nay. What say you fair knight? Let us have the opportunity to work with you.

*You may qualify for other Ford/Mercury incentives

You are going to enjoy how we do business here at the Internet department at Prince Frederick Ford Lincoln Mercury. It is as easy as 1-2-3.

Are you kidding me?! Wow. That seems horribly unprofessional. :otter:

Different sales presentation indeed but I am more for the informal approach myself so I would not be put off. But it is a matter of opinion and yours matters.

I suggest you look at private sales listed in the paper or on-line. Lot of people are getting rid of cars and the high payments due to a lot of reasons. Deals are to be had and you may be helping out someone in the process.

Regardless only buy a care that costs as much money as you have to spend. Do not make payments (car loan) on a depreciating item.

Keep you "walk away" card at all times. Don't fall in love with it, it is a car, it won't love you back. Don't use future money to pay for what is in front of you today and as a friend of mine's Grandfather used to say, "if you have $5 then I guess you will be buying a $5 car."

Good luck.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Very casual, definitely not professional. But some people like that sort of familiarity, so who knows. I personally wouldn't do business with this salesperson because they come off as a high-pressure jerk.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
So, you tell me. Is this email unprofessional? I emailed them asking them what they had available with very specific parameters. I got back an initial reply whose qoute was through the roof. I told them I wasn't interested.

Today, I get this...

Hi XXXXX

So what was the deal, was the price too high for you? You never let me know yay or nay. What say you fair knight? Let us have the opportunity to work with you.

You are going to enjoy how we do business here at the Internet department at Prince Frederick Ford Lincoln Mercury. It is as easy as 1-2-3.

Umm, hell no! That moron is totally unprofessional! I sold cars for Hunt Ford and Ken Dixon once upon a time and if I or any other salesperson did something like that we would be fired.

Seamaid

Too informal and corny. I don't think I could give him/her a second chance either.

Today, I get this...

Hi XXXXX

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Looks like they were trying for "cutesy" and looking for some kind of a gimmick. It's gotta be a tough job to have right now in this economy. May be a younger person just starting out...just sayin'...

Buddy of mine works at PF Ford. Long time employee. His father was looking for a vehicle. Went in, talked to the sales Mgr, who knew who he was, got a price on the vehicle that he wanted. Did not like the price. Went to Waldorf Ford (yes, I know they are owned by the same people). Found an equivalent vehicle there, did not know anybody there, got a price, bought the vehicle and told his son. Son then told the PF Mgr. Mgr was like "Well why didn't he give me a chance to meet the deal?" Son told him "As long as I've worked here and you've known him, you should have given him your best price first time. He gave you a chance and you screwed the pooch on it."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Son told him "As long as I've worked here and you've known him, you should have given him your best price first time. He gave you a chance and you screwed the pooch on it."

And there you have it. :shrug:

It's always amazing to me how these people even stay in business, with their unethical practices and slacker mentality.

C

CalvertNewbie

Umm, hell no! That moron is totally unprofessional! I sold cars for Hunt Ford and Ken Dixon once upon a time and if I or any other salesperson did something like that we would be fired.

:yeahthat: Hubby is also in the car business, up in the ghetto. They are pretty particular about which sales people they put in the internet sales dept for this exact reason. They don't want their employees to come across as unprofessional.

Now I will say this.....a good salesperson will build a rapport with a potential customer and may develop a more laid back rapport based on the customer's attitude but to do that in writing? Not professional at all.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Today, I get this...

Hi XXXXX

So what was the deal, was the price too high for you? Don't try to point out a reason! That makes it seem like the person is being cheap and comes across as insulting. Ask for a reason and see if there's any way they can fix the problem. You never let me know yay or nay. And when we ask for an estimate, WE DONT HAVE TO! But it's ok to follow up if you're trying to make a sale...just don't point it out you moron. What say you fair knight? CHEESY ALERT! Go shoot yourself. Let us have the opportunity to work with you. Good line. It's about time!

*You may qualify for other Ford/Mercury incentives such as?

You are going to enjoy how we do business here at the Internet department at Prince Frederick Ford Lincoln Mercury. The internet department? You've just lost me. I'm looking for car stuff, I don't wanna work with techie nerds! It is as easy as 1-2-3. *COUGH* *GAG* :dead:

:killingme

Otter

Nothing to see here

Today, I get this...

Hi XXXXX

Dealt with PF Ford once, it will never happen again.