Maertens in Solomons Town Center

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I will NEVER go there again. MK dropped off two necklaces of mine for repair. Several days later we went together to pick them up. First the girl that helped us couldn't get any more unaccomodating, second they were expensive and not as thorough as G&H (which is where he took one of them last time I broke it), lastly and most importantly their repair looks like stir fried $hit. I have a very thin chain that I've broken twice now. When MK took it to G&H they weighed it, inspected it and told him that there would be a tiny sodder mark. Maertens did NONE of the aformentioned and not only is there a much more noticable soder mark but it's crooked. I'm not pleased and they will not be getting any more of my business. They had some cute stuff in the store but suck at repair! :boo:

J

jp2854

pixie i know the owner of maertans you might want to go talk to heather and tell her you aren't happy as she would like to know. She isn't in teh store on the island though she is in the store that is over in the foodlion shopping center where boaters world is over in solomons. I have gotten many pieces of jewelry repaired and they have done a good job. I don't know who does the repairs in the store on the island but I know at the other store they do a good job. I have also had them design a few pieces for me too and I love them all.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
pixie i know the owner of maertans you might want to go talk to heather and tell her you aren't happy as she would like to know. She isn't in teh store on the island though she is in the store that is over in the foodlion shopping center where boaters world is over in solomons. I have gotten many pieces of jewelry repaired and they have done a good job. I don't know who does the repairs in the store on the island but I know at the other store they do a good job. I have also had them design a few pieces for me too and I love them all.

We went to the one in Solomon's Town Center by the Food Lion.

ohstate

I had an issue with a ring repair that G&H did. I wanted just the prongs retipped and they did something to it that made the shaft holding the gemstone thicker. So thick that the ring is unwearable now.

I now take my jewelry to Solovey in McClean, VA. They specialize in antique jewelry as well. They did a fabulous job with my vintage engagement ring. This is where we bought the ring some 18 years ago.

Solovey Jewelers

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Ricks Jewelers would be my recommendation for repair or jewelry creation. He repairs and builds jewelry right there in front of you which is cool.

I haven't had anything repaired there yet. However, I really love the two pieces that boys bought me for Christmas several years back. The seahorse was an original of theirs and my necklace is really cute! The other is their jingle bell necklace. :yay:

I hope they do you right!

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
did you tell them you were unhappy with the repair job or are you just biatching?

If so did they make any effort to fix the situation?

No, I don't feel I need to give them a chance to fix their screw up. MK took it to G&H just a couple months before, encountered NO attitude and the job was done correctly for less. I don't need to waste my time and effort making them better themselves. The next time it breaks, which it will because it's very thin, I'll just take it to G&H. Maybe my biatching will keep someone else from experiencing the same thing I did. :rollseyes: