What a...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
...gorgeous day! :yahoo:

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Absolutely beautiful! Take advantage of it, tomorrow might not be so nice.
Spending this gorgeous morning doing some cleaning and some laundry then getting ready for the Trace Adkins concert tonight, trying to get things done becasue I may not feel like it tomorrow. :otter:

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!:patriot:

J

jaybeeztoo

Absolutely beautiful! Take advantage of it, tomorrow might not be so nice.
Spending this gorgeous morning doing some cleaning and some laundry then getting ready for the Trace Adkins concert tonight, trying to get things done becasue I may not feel like it tomorrow. :otter:

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!:patriot:

Hey!!!! We are going too. Do you know who's opening for him? I can't wait :dance:

Happy 4th everyone!!!

J

jaybeeztoo

I heard on the Radio John Lusky, I've seen him many times and he's awesome!

Oh yeah, I do remember hearing that. I was kinding hoping Kenny Chesney would make a surprise appearance :lmao:

Where are you sitting? I am not familiar with the layout but we got Row F. I wonder if those are good seats.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Oh yeah, I do remember hearing that. I was kinding hoping Kenny Chesney would make a surprise appearance :lmao:

Where are you sitting? I am not familiar with the layout but we got Row F. I wonder if those are good seats.

I honestly don't know where we're sitting. A friend of mine got the tickets and I've never been there.

edinsomd

Where did you get a tri-tip roast around here???
:howdy:
Base commissary has 'em, have to snag 'em up quickly as the secret's out and they don't stay around long. For those who don't know, it's from the bottom of the sirloin, low in fat and very tender. Mine's been marinating in red wine with Montreal seasoning overnight- great on the grill over indirect heat or, as I'm doing, hickory smoked for a couple of hours. Beef BBQ sammich anyone?

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
:howdy:
Base commissary has 'em, have to snag 'em up quickly as the secret's out and they don't stay around long. For those who don't know, it's from the bottom of the sirloin, low in fat and very tender. Mine's been marinating in red wine with Montreal seasoning overnight- great on the grill over indirect heat or, as I'm doing, hickory smoked for a couple of hours. Beef BBQ sammich anyone?

Why do you cook it so long. It only needs 30 minutes total, flipping over every five minutes for medium rare. That is the way I cook them. I will have to talk to my commissary connection. Any special time of the month they carry them?

Oh, and yes I would love to have a sandwich.TYIA

Why do you cook it so long. It only needs 30 minutes total, flipping over every five minutes for medium rare. That is the way I cook them. I will have to talk to my commissary connection. Any special time of the month they carry them?

Smoking meat generally takes longer. It's cooked at a lower temperature.

edinsomd

Low heat is the key- about 225 to 250 inside the Weber and let the smoke do its voodoo. Internal meat temp is about 140 or so- med. rare- when I pull it off. Its melt-in-your-mouth good. Sounds like you're grilling at a high temp. Let yours sit on the grill for 15 minuets or so, and flip once only to cook through. But try the low-slow method if you have time, you'll go from a mere griller to a real BBQ chef.
Pulled pork is next....

Bay_Kat

Tropical

The concert was amazing, I did so much laughing and crying. The tributes were moving and Trace is a very funny guy and he put on such a great show. The fireworks display was great. I took my 11 year old daughter and she had a wonderful time.

J

jaybeeztoo

The concert was amazing, I did so much laughing and crying. The tributes were moving and Trace is a very funny guy and he put on such a great show. The fireworks display was great. I took my 11 year old daughter and she had a wonderful time.

We got video of the fireworks. Though short, it was a great display. I was near tears when the Marine was speaking before Trace took the stage. And yes, Trace is an awesome performer. I had the best time. I wasn't feeling so hot before we left and almost didn't go...but I'm so glad I did. Harley and I had a wonderful time and got some awesome pictures!!!!