D.B. McMillans

shambeda

Does anyone know when D.B. McMillans in the Wildewood Plaza in California opens? I've driven past it a few times and it looks complete but unopen, but there are some event listings I've seen for it on the somd.com community calendar starting on Wednesday. I can't wait to try the new place out but I can't figure out when it's opening. Thank you for your help.

L

LucyGirl

They open on Monday they had a friends event music and all it was great!

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I am not even excited about D.B. McMillans. I have a feeling the food is going to suck just like Petruzzi's did and Lenny's does. Same ole, Same ole. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
DB MCMillans was fantastic. Jaie and I went to one of the Friends and Family dinners last week. We're looking forward to going back.

They opened today!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I am not even excited about D.B. McMillans. I have a feeling the food is going to suck just like Petruzzi's did and Lenny's does. Same ole, Same ole. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Ok but don't you find that pig the least bit attractive now? I mean being all coy and winking at you all pouty lips and all :kiss: OINK!

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Ok but don't you find that pig the least bit attractive now? I mean being all coy and winking at you all pouty lips and all :kiss: OINK!

Yes the place looks nice. They put a nice patio outside so you can stare at the parking lot and listen the the Rt 235 traffic. It has only been there for 20 years. It was time for an update. I don't know what they did on the inside. I am still wondering when they are going to power wash some of the green scum that is on the side of the building off? :lol:

The last couple of people that have done anything to it did them half way. At one point they painted the floors instead of putting in new flooring. WTH.

I am sure they will have a frozen burger that they want to charge $10.00 for. Or a frozen pot pie for $12.95 or so. It is hard to find good fresh made food around here.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Yes the place looks nice. They put a nice patio outside so you can stare at the parking lot and listen the the Rt 235 traffic. It has only been there for 20 years. It was time for an update. I don't know what they did on the inside. I am still wondering when they are going to power wash some of the green scum that is on the side of the building off? :lol:

The last couple of people that have done anything to it did them half way. At one point they painted the floors instead of putting in new flooring. WTH.

I am sure they will have a frozen burger that they want to charge $10.00 for. Or a frozen pot pie for $12.95 or so. It is hard to find good fresh made food around here.

I'm a skeptic about this place too, I just can't shake this image of the pig... and that lipstick...

Attachments

• Lipstickpig.jpg
    Lipstickpig.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 66

dorothydot

Captain John is a great singer. Deep, resonant bass voice, sings Irish songs a la Clancy Brothers style. Plays guitar well, too.

He's organizing a bunch of us local musicians and we're going to be playing soon at McMillan's. All sorts of great singers and really good musicians, too!

IMO you can't go wrong with John Pomerville. If you've ever heard Gordon Bok, you'll have a good sense for John's voice.

Truly a treat!

Dot

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Ate there Tuesday night and the food was great! Still some growing pains. Waiter a little green - think it is his first waitering job. Booth area OK, big room kind of barren...could use some more atmosphere. Bar area looked the best. Website (still under construction):

http://www.dbmcmillans.com (once the website is up working again. Was the other night - not today though.)

Live music every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights. We'll have to see how it does. So far, so good.

:buddies:

Ate there Tuesday night and the food was great! Still some growing pains. Waiter a little green - think it is his first waitering job. Booth area OK, big room kind of barren...could use some more atmosphere. Bar area looked the best. Website (still under construction):

http://www.dbmcmillans.com (once the website is up working again. Was the other night - not today though.)

Live music every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights. We'll have to see how it does. So far, so good.

:buddies:

Look people...I've been told it is owned and operated by the same people that owned and operated Petruzzi's! That should say something about how DB's is/will be. What was wrong with Petruzzi's that they had to change the name??? A slab of pita bread with a few tomatoes thrown on and a few slices of cheese, does not make a good pizza!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Look people...I've been told it is owned and operated by the same people that owned and operated Petruzzi's! That should say something about how DB's is/will be. What was wrong with Petruzzi's that they had to change the name??? A slab of pita bread with a few tomatoes thrown on and a few slices of cheese, does not make a good pizza!!
actually Petruzzi's started out pretty good. The pizzas were very good. But it seemed they had problems keeping kitchen and wait staff. Service and food was hit or miss. Before it closed I'd gotten some takeout that seemed good.
But that doesn't seem to out of character for a number of local places. Before they took it over, the people that painted the floor, that place started out good.
I think it's a problem keeping help. If you want good staff you have to pay them. That means slightly higher prices then McDonalds which you hope doesn't drive away patrons. I'll leave my snide remarks about what customers here are looking for out.