American Breast Cancer Society

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
A few weeks ago I received a random phone call from the subject. Typically I just hang up mid-sentence, but I listened to the reps practiced script. At the end of the conversation I told her I'd be happy to send in a donation, if they were able to provide me with something in the mail.

A few days goes by and I receive the material. The same week I receive another phone call from subject asking if I had received the material. Then again a few days later.

The following week I went on travel and when I returned, I noticed they had called the house a few times.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I still haven't managed to drop a check in the mail. Last night I get another call asking where the donation is. So I go on to say that I will not be sending in a donation because I feel like I've been harassed and I feel like I'm delinquent on my car payment or something.

Is this standard practice or are they just greedy?

lovinmaryland

A few weeks ago I received a random phone call from the subject. Typically I just hang up mid-sentence, but I listened to the reps practiced script. At the end of the conversation I told her I'd be happy to send in a donation, if they were able to provide me with something in the mail.

A few days goes by and I receive the material. The same week I receive another phone call from subject asking if I had received the material. Then again a few days later.

The following week I went on travel and when I returned, I noticed they had called the house a few times.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I still haven't managed to drop a check in the mail. Last night I get another call asking where the donation is. So I go on to say that I will not be sending in a donation because I feel like I've been harassed and I feel like I'm delinquent on my car payment or something.

Is this standard practice or are they just greedy?

Damn no kidding that is a little over board. I would have said the same thing.

I usually avoid these type of things by not answering the phone unless I know who is calling :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I got a call asking me to donate $$ to pay for school supplies and clothes for kids in the area. I told them that I'd be happy to donate if they could round up somebody to pay for supplies and clothes for my two kids since I'll be paying for somebody else's kid. They hung up on me. :ohwell: I really wasn't trying to be rude. (well, ok... I was but it's still a valid question :lol:)

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I got a call asking me to donate $$ to pay for school supplies and clothes for kids in the area. I told them that I'd be happy to donate if they could round up somebody to pay for supplies and clothes for my two kids since I'll be paying for somebody else's kid. They hung up on me. :ohwell: I really wasn't trying to be rude. (well, ok... I was but it's still a valid question :lol:)

I like it! :yay: :lol: