need help with my hedgehog

razzle1127

my newphew has a hedgehog and they have noticed lately his ear is getting crusty and kinda deformed looking. has anyone had experience with this, what it might be, what to do, or if there are any vets around that see hedgehogs?????

thanks for any input

smrgirl

I believe All Kinds Vet (301-994-9919) in Callaway will see hedgehogs....I've seen alot of 'odd' critters in there being taken care of. Just call and ask. They also have a website.

razzle1127

I've never owned a hedgehog so I have no personal experience. Google recommends this: Hedgehog Diseases/Parasitic - Animal Hospitals-USA

thanks i think my mom saw this site and sent it to me, she thinks it might be mange but not sure. they are willing to take him to a vet but i dont know if she wants to drive over a hour to the one in callaway. they are in prince georges county (clinton) thanks for the advice so far. im still looking around for a vet.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Probably earmites...ivermec should take care of it...if you can use it on a kitten I would ASSUME you could use it on a hedgehog..

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Awww, poor Jellybean, he had a crusty ear too.

Attachments

• Jellybean_day_3_b.jpg
    Jellybean_day_3_b.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 300

Beta84

They're out to get us
I played Sonic once but that's about all my experience with hedgehogs. Sorry razzle dazzle :frown:

smrgirl

Was wondering how Razzle's newphews hedgehog is doing.....not that I'm not conercerned about all of the loved animals........