American Airlines - No Cash Policy

American Airlines no longer accepts cash for drinks/snacks. I cannot speak for other airlines as I have not flown them recently.

When the announcement was made onboard the aircraft an inquiring passenger said to the AA employee, "what about debit cards."

To which she responded . . . "Same thing"

I said, "No its not." I was heartened to hear a lone voice chime in with me and even more so when I saw that voice belonged to a young teenager type. There is hope yet.

Sadly others sat there with befuddled looks.

To clarify. The announcement was that AA no longer accepts cash only "credit" cards. That is what prompted the "debit" card inquiry.

SG_Player1974

American Airlines no longer accepts cash for drinks/snacks. I cannot speak for other airlines as I have not flown them recently.

When the announcement was made onboard the aircraft an inquiring passenger said to the AA employee, "what about debit cards."

To which she responded . . . "Same thing"

I said, "No its not." I was heartened to hear a lone voice chime in with me and even more so when I saw that voice belonged to a young teenager type. There is hope yet.

Sadly others sat there with befuddled looks.

Sounds to me like the airlines were having "missing money" issues. I honestly cant think of another reason why they would stop taking cash.