Refinancing Question

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am refinancing my house. I refinanced a past house that I owned and remember doing all the signing of the paperwork at closing.

This time we have someone coming to sign paperwork for the title on one day and then we have closing on a separate day. Is this normal? I just thought everything gets signed at closing.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I believe its all suppose to take the one day just like a normal purcahse of a home... i believe its the same as a re-fi

PsyOps

Pixelated
I believe its all suppose to take the one day just like a normal purcahse of a home... i believe its the same as a re-fi

That's the way I figure it. I'm just wondering if there something going on out of the norm that I need to be concerned about.

I would just ask your contact (the mortgage broker or banker) why this is a 2-day process to ensure there's no funny business. I would personally be a little bothered by having to sit down and take time out of my day twice to complete a process that should all be handled at once, but if you are happy with the response from your contact (as well as the rate and fees), then you can set your mind at ease.:buddies: