Attention Philanthropy 2009

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"At Worldchanging, one of our three main missions is to practice attention philanthropy.

Attention philanthropy is a gift of notice. In a noisy world, deluged in advertising, overrun with PR flacks and crowded with the superficial, one of the biggest barriers to success for a small, good idea or noble enterprise can simply be getting noticed in the first place.

Attention philanthropy is all about shining a light on good work that's worth supporting. It is grantmaking that deals in access, rather than cash (though because many funders, journalists and changemakers read Worldchanging, the pattern is that notice on Worldchanging often leads to more media coverage, funding and networking opportunities for the people and groups we note).

Over the past few weeks, we have reached out to our network of friends and allies around the world, inviting them to become guest grantmakers. Many of them responded by giving the gift of attention to a person, cause or resource they think deserves more attention than it gets*.

This week, we are presenting their "grants" – pithy spotlights of people and projects around the world -- in five days of concentrated attention philanthropy. We're pleased that the result reads like a globally sourced catalog of some of the sharpest innovators and cutting-edge institutions that you may not yet have heard of.

Here's your chance to do a simple, good thing. If the work you find on these pages inspires you, learn more. Visit their websites, contribute to their projects and, above all, help us spread the word far and wide.

And if you'd like to contribute an attention grant of your own, please click here.

Check back each day from July 6-10 as we add to the collection!"

More at: Worldchanging: Bright Green: Attention Philanthropy 2009

ylexot

Super Genius
I wonder how much they value "attention" for their tax forms. I can put links to all kinds of stuff on my website...maybe it'll be worth doing if I can get a tax break for it :yay: