Help for a stray

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
A friend of ours has a cat thats been hanging on his front steps for a couple of days now. Unfortunately he's allergic and can't keep or even touch it. I went and saw the cat today and realized it needs some help. Not sure if it's a male or female (I forgot to check that) but the gums are white, it's full of scabs and is kind of wobbly when it walks. It's also been declawed and may be a year old, if that.

We're not set up to take any cats but are more then willing to transport and at least give a food donation to anybody who might be willing to help.

Attachments

• Various 254.jpg
    Various 254.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Various 255.jpg
    Various 255.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Various 258.jpg
    Various 258.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Various 259.jpg
    Various 259.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 179

luvscats

I've got inquiries out to rescue friends. It's late tho and I'm not getting any responses. I'll check my email early in the morning and will follow up here. I'm so sorry for this little kitty.

frequentflier

happy to be living
A friend of ours has a cat thats been hanging on his front steps for a couple of days now. Unfortunately he's allergic and can't keep or even touch it. I went and saw the cat today and realized it needs some help. Not sure if it's a male or female (I forgot to check that) but the gums are white, it's full of scabs and is kind of wobbly when it walks. It's also been declawed and may be a year old, if that.

We're not set up to take any cats but are more then willing to transport and at least give a food donation to anybody who might be willing to help.

AWWW. This poor kitty looks like he needs some love and someone to care for him. I hope someone can help him out. If anyone is willing to take him in, I will help out with food, treats, toys and kitty litter/box.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I was in a hurry yesterday (just like now) but kitty is love starved and really wants to come inside but again our friend just can't do it. They have been making sure it has food and water though.

luvscats

if you can pm me the street address and the phone number of the neighbor where the kitty is, I'll go and pick it up. I can't bring it to my house. I already have a houseful plus one foster. I'll have to take it to Charles County Humane Society. Will that be ok?

J

jp2854

i can see it now you bring the kitty to the humane society and they turn around and take it to the tcas and they put it to sleep. Did you read cinabuns story luvscats?

PrepH4U

i can see it now you bring the kitty to the humane society and they turn around and take it to the tcas and they put it to sleep. Did you read cinabuns story luvscats?

Yes it would be so much better to let the kitty die on the streets with no medical treatment :whistle: Why don't you offer up the help if you do not like how it is being handled. :imjustsaying:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Yes it would be so much better to let the kitty die on the streets with no medical treatment :whistle: Why don't you offer up the help if you do not like how it is being handled. :imjustsaying:

Sadly, there are just too many cats/kittens needing help right now. I've been feeding bottle babies since March. I have two now that are about 4 weeks old in addition to my own 4 cats. I cannot risk taking in a sick cat when I've worked so hard to get these babies to survive.

It could be the cat has leukemia or it could be she has fleas so bad that she is anemic. At any rate, euthanasia, while I hate the word, is a much kinder fate for the cat than suffering and dying or falling prey to a dog or fox, etc.

It's reality.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Contact one of the rescue groups.

We've had an email chain going since last night. Most of the rescues are up to their eyeball in healthy cats and kittens and just don't have the resouces to help a sick cat other than get it off the street.

luvscats

yes, yes, I read the story. All the rescue groups and shelters are very overcrowded this time of year. The rescue groups are having to turn away healthy cats and dogs.

Taking this kitty to a shelter is the only solution I can offer. If they prefer the kitty not go to the shelter, that is ok too, but somebody has to step forward and take the kitty to a vet to determine his illness.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We've had an email chain going since last night. Most of the rescues are up to their eyeball in healthy cats and kittens and just don't have the resouces to help a sick cat other than get it off the street.

That's really sad. They have cats like one that gurl had adopted, that is not a good pet and doesn't want to be touched, but can't make room for a love starved, declawed kitty. Sad. Just sad.

They really need to get their priorities straight.

J

jp2854

That's really sad. They have cats like one that gurl had adopted, that is not a good pet and doesn't want to be touched, but can't make room for a love starved, declawed kitty. Sad. Just sad.

i agree with you mAlice. I can't take in anymore animals 3 is my limit and I already have that.

luvscats

We do the best we can on a case by case basis. We make mistakes. We also do alot of good.

I'll continue to check my email throughout the day to see if anyone in my realm of reference has any other ideas. My offer stands if they want me to take the kitty to a shelter I'd be happy to do that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

That's a pretty unfair statement.

L

luckystar

Can we at least get this cat a visit to the vet to make sure that he or she has a chance? A couple tests and a good check-up is affordable. There's always the possibility the cat's not sick at all. I did this once with a cat I found in Westbury. She has a wonderful home now with RR.

So what was the location? I can hit up some friends on Facebook, see if a pet-free home can foster her before we can get her in for a checkup, and a little while after. It would be easier to get the rescue groups involved at that point.