Health Ins Info

Palominolover

Does anyone have an individual health insurance policy?

The work policy is going up in price and I want to shop around
and see what different policys cost.

Can anyone recommed a company?

Thanks!

I know some who have had good luck going the HSA route. As always the long pole in the tent is the health of the prospective insured.

This year I have had the unfortunate opportunity to learn my health insurance policy well. It is with BC/BS and I have been very pleased. My part ends up being my co-pay's and about 10% of any resulting bill it appears. From my limited research this appears to be pretty much the top end of what is out there. Again, my research is limited so I'll be appreciative of any info you pass along as you do your own looking.

Do check the HSA's. If one is in reasonable health it appears you could go the high deductible route (put that money aside up front in a separate account), make your yearly contribution (tax advantageous), and play it out from there.

Health savings accounts: Is an HSA right for you? - MayoClinic.com

Link above is an overview of the HSA's.

BOHDEN

I wish I could find something myself, have had COBRA for a year, due to loss of my job, but some of our health care needs others won't cover.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have an HSA and an individual high deductible ($1700) insurance plan which is pretty much for "major medical". My premiums are $175.00 a month. My plan is with Carefirst BC/BS and they have a pretty good plan here in MD. If you use their network of doctors, then you will get a reduction of the charges, since doctors agree to charge only what BC/BS says is acceptable, etc. Since I don't have a co-pay, then I pay whatever that amount is.

It works pretty well for me.