The "Flea Market" Saturdays Calvert Fairgrounds

RockyRR

I've been there; and, from talking to the folks selling things, one just shows up and sets up. At some point, a person will be around to collect the fee. They said it was $10 for the day.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I've been there; and, from talking to the folks selling things, one just shows up and sets up. At some point, a person will be around to collect the fee. They said it was $10 for the day.

That sounds strange. That's Calvert County/Fair Board property. Is it a County employee that collects the $10?
If I know the County, and I do, they wouldn't allow anyone to set up or pay a fee without a list of vendors. The Commissioners and the Departments are real risk averse.

RPMDAD

That sounds strange. That's Calvert County/Fair Board property. Is it a County employee that collects the $10?
If I know the County, and I do, they wouldn't allow anyone to set up or pay a fee without a list of vendors. The Commissioners and the Departments are real risk averse.

Not sure of the relationship between Cal. Co. Gov. and Calvert County Fair Board. It may even be a lease type thing where Cal. Co. Gov leases the property to the Calvert County Fair Board. I dont thinke there is even a link from the Cal. Co. Gov website to the Calvert County Fair Board website.

Calvert County Fair

jedi2814

Not sure of the relationship between Cal. Co. Gov. and Calvert County Fair Board. It may even be a lease type thing where Cal. Co. Gov leases the property to the Calvert County Fair Board. I dont thinke there is even a link from the Cal. Co. Gov website to the Calvert County Fair Board website.

Calvert County Fair

The Fairground property is privately owned by the Calvert County Fair Board; the county government has no ownership or juristiction beyond what they have over any private landowner. The Flea Market is run by the Fair Board and the fees collected by a board member each Saturday and go to support events during the Fair and Fairground improvements. It is a casual thing that started kind of spontaneously since the property has great road frontage. It has grown over the years to what you see each Saturday now. There aren't many rules governing who can come and set up and what one can sell. Only that it is available on Saturdays exclusively and not on the weekends around the Fair. It is also shut down for the winter months (usually January - March).

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
On a post in the area where the flea market/yard sales take place, there is a sign with a telephone number on it for more information. Or at least there used to be last time I was over there.

jedi2814

On a post in the area where the flea market/yard sales take place, there is a sign with a telephone number on it for more information. Or at least there used to be last time I was over there.

You can call the Fairgrounds @ 410-535-0026 and leave a message.