Horse Wormer Pellets?

Wait4It..boom

Anyone use them?
I saw in one of my horse magazines the other night an advertisement for Intervet Safe-Guard Equi-bits Dewormer Pellets. Any opinions? While it's a good concept, I'm not sure of all the worms the pellets would target. Mostly concerned it wouldn't be the same worms as following the vets recommended paste wormer guidelines.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Well you should certainly talk to your vet before changing anything, but I've been using Strongid C2X for years. Then every six months you also deworm with EquiMax paste.

I use this schedule and my horse are enrolled in Pzier's Preventicare, which pays $5000 towards colic surgery I'd it's needed.

Tazgirl

Well you should certainly talk to your vet before changing anything, but I've been using Strongid C2X for years. Then every six months you also deworm with EquiMax paste.

I use this schedule and my horse are enrolled in Pzier's Preventicare, which pays $5000 towards colic surgery I'd it's needed.

I used pellet worming since I first got into horses until this year and I switched to the paste rotation worming. I will be going back to the pellets. It's much easier, just as effective and you only have to remember to do the paste twice a year.

Phyix tell me about this Pzier's Preventicare program sounds interesting.

Bilbo

Anyone use them?
I saw in one of my horse magazines the other night an advertisement for Intervet Safe-Guard Equi-bits Dewormer Pellets. Any opinions? While it's a good concept, I'm not sure of all the worms the pellets would target. Mostly concerned it wouldn't be the same worms as following the vets recommended paste wormer guidelines.

From Intervet site:

Feed and Deworm in One Step with Safe-Guard EQUI-BITS®
Dewormer

Safe-Guard Equi-bits (0.5% fenbendazole), alfalfa-based deworming pellets, let horseowners feed and deworm in a single step. Just combine these palatable pellets with your ration of choice. On deworming day, replace your usual daily ration with an amount equal to the pellets provided in the handy foil pouch. Safe-Guard Equi-bits does the rest. One pouch will treat 1,250 lbs. (body weight) horse in one meal. Safe-Guard® Equi-bits® pellets control large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms, and ascarids. This product is safe for horses, including foals, and pregnant mares. This single-dose treatment makes rotational deworming a breeze!

Equi-bits IS NOT a continuous wormer. Is is a fenbendazole wormer used in lieu of a similar paste such as Panacur. Easier to just use Panacur, IMHO.