4 Paws up for Calvert rescue groups!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Today's Calvert Recorder had a front page article about the Calvert Animal Welfare League's celebration last weekend called the Bark-B-que and MeowMixer. Founded in 1992, it was a celebration of their 5th year in the shelter in Prince Frederick. Way to go!
A couple pages later, in Jeff Newman's "Writer's Notebook", he talks about someone that found a baby raccoon and called CC Animal Control. They had her contact Katelin Welles, a local licensed wildlife rescuer and rehabber. Little Wanderers Wildlife Rescue relies solely on donations and I hope they come pouring in!
Then on page 7, an article and large picture about the Calvert County Pets Coalition Groups that, with the help of some local veterinarian's, donated enought pet oxygen masks for every rescue squad ambulance in Calvert County! Commisioner Linda Kelley was the link between the coalition and the CC Dep't of Public Safety. The CC Pets Coalition group includes CAWL, Chesapeake SPCA, Friends of Felines , Humane Society of Calvert County and PAWS. The coalition also supports the Promise Wagon Mobile Veterinarian Clinic. Once a month, Vet Thomas Smith parks at CAWL and performs low cost spay and neuters, shots and microchipping.
Thanks to all the rescue groups in the tri county area for the great service you provide! And thumbs up for the Calvert Recorder!

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Thank you FF for this thread!!!
I was coming back from Maine when Jeff called me and interviewed me. I look forward to reading all the articles when I finally get home tomorrow!!

Way to go to all of us out there for the many needy animals!!

:huggy:

Last edited:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Thank you FF for this thread!!!
I was coming back from Maine when Jeff called me and interviewed me. I look forward to reading all the articles when I finally get home tomorrow!!

Way to go to all of us out there for the many needy animals!!

:huggy:

:yay::high5::clap::notworthy