Foreclosure

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
How badly does a foreclosure on a home damage your credit?

It can and will damage your credit pretty bad. There are options available to help the affected individual before it is too late, if they take the time to make phone calls. On a slightly better note, there has been recent rule changes to some forms of financing that will allow a person with a foreclosure on their record to recieve a new home loan after just 2 years. But in the 2 years after a foreclosure, they need to make all efforts to improve their credit and have no other derogatory marks on their credit history during that time frame. Put simply after a foreclosure, make all bill payments on time everytime if the affected person want to own another home in the future.

Google "effects of foreclosure . . . " and you can pick and choose your information from there. Bottom line is it has an adverse effect as Crewdawg points out.

Any in this situation should take the initiative and happen to the situation instead of letting it come to you. Sell stuff, get an extra job(s), cut expenses to the bone and get this place on the market. Even if upside down on the house (or car, or anything) one can lessen the hurt if you have to sell for less than owed.

Be informed. With the resources available to us we should all be fully in the know on any financial situation we find ourselves in. Don't ask the person at work ask the person in the mirror. He/she is the only one who really cares about you.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Google "effects of foreclosure . . . " and you can pick and choose your information from there. Bottom line is it has an adverse effect as Crewdawg points out.

Any in this situation should take the initiative and happen to the situation instead of letting it come to you. Sell stuff, get an extra job(s), cut expenses to the bone and get this place on the market. Even if upside down on the house (or car, or anything) one can lessen the hurt if you have to sell for less than owed.

Be informed. With the resources available to us we should all be fully in the know on any financial situation we find ourselves in. Don't ask the person at work ask the person in the mirror. He/she is the only one who really cares about you.

:yeahthat: I agree with all that you said! For those that might look at this post here is one site that can provide you with valuable information to avoid or lessen the pain of a foreclosure. HOPE (Home Owners Preserving Equity): Foreclosure Prevention/ Assistance Program

G

Gemmi

Here's my situation. My ex and I have a home in both our names. When we separated last year we agreed that he could keep the house. He was supposed to refinance and have it in his name only. Obviously, he didn't do it. Bacause of his addictions, he no longer has a job and as a result can't make the mortgage payments. So I am going to get my credit all shot to hell because of him.

SoMDGirl42

Here's my situation. My ex and I have a home in both our names. When we separated last year we agreed that he could keep the house. He was supposed to refinance and have it in his name only. Obviously, he didn't do it. Bacause of his addictions, he no longer has a job and as a result can't make the mortgage payments. So I am going to get my credit all shot to hell because of him.

so boot his ass out, move back in and save your credit

Unfortunately you are right. If the agreement was between the two of you and the ex did not do their part that is not going to matter. As far as the bank is concerned the same arrangement still exists.

If the agreement turned into a court order and he did not follow it I suggest going to your lawyer and seeing what can be done on your behalf legally. I'm out of my depth here so I'll stop it at that suggestion.

Crewdawg lists a reputable site to search for help. Be very careful as you surf. There are many out there who are prey'ing on desperate situations. Use only very reliable, reputable sources.

vbailey

vbailey
how far behind is he? I would try to refi the home in my name and ask him to move out...but I don't know your situation...refi's are not easy if you have any kind of bad credit....

jetmonkey

Why would you make oral agreements with an addict, lols. You stupid.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

My first question is can you kick him out move back in and get the payment issues fixed? I have a friend that just moved into my house because of foreclosure so I know a little about this. I am also a Realtor that is trying to help a client out of a bad divorce situation currently while avoiding foreclosure. VBailey has it close, I suggest calling your motgage holder/lender and inquiring about restructuring your loan with them. If they are unwilling to help in that capacity, contact a mortgage broker that you are comfortable with and seek their help/advice. If you exhaust all of these options and you still have some time, get it listed with a Realtor ASAP and be realistic in thoughts of pricing strategy to unload it to save your future and you credit and not use it as a chance to try to pay off all current bills. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Ray

I am going thru this too (foreclosure possibly) and I have researched a lot of this. I have been trying to short sell my home since the end of May after being turned down for a loan modification because Wells "investors did not feel it was in their best interest". (Wells Fargo received $25 billion in TARP money!).

Unfortunately, I have about 2 1/2 weeks left to accomplish this or I will be foreclosed on. All advice given so far is good. Just remember to not go down without a fight.

G

Gemmi

That is not an option. We are divorced now and I recently relocated to a new area to live with my fiance. I do not want the house and can not afford the mortgage payment. He had the house on the market for quite some time but it didn't sell. Supposedly, he has it relisted now.

G

Gemmi

Why would you make oral agreements with an addict, lols. You stupid.

It was not an oral agreement. It was part of the separation agreement which was in writing by a lawyer. Don't be so quick to judge without knowing the details.

sockgirl77

Then have your lawyer enforce the agreement :shrug:

:yeahthat:

Will going to the mortgage company with a copy of the agreement help? I'm going to assume that it's not. Although it bites ass, it's still your responsibility to pay it as long as you name is on it. If you didn't follow up on the status and see to it that matters were taking care of, it's just as much your fault as it is his. :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
:yeahthat:

Will going to the mortgage company with a copy of the agreement help? I'm going to assume that it's not. Although it bites ass, it's still your responsibility to pay it as long as you name is on it. If you didn't follow up on the status and see to it that matters were taking care of, it's just as much your fault as it is his. :shrug:

You should keep your mouth shut, about this subject.

sockgirl77

You should keep your mouth shut, about this subject.

Why? I've owned a home and been married. Luckily, I had no problem getting my name off of it. But I've seen many people go thru this situation. Now, go drink a Coors Light and smile. :smile:

yankee44

Here is another question.

I have some friends that might end up getting their house foreclosed. The house is solely in his name. would it effect his wife's credit and would she be able to buy a smaller cheeper house solely in her name once they are out from under the other one?