A pattern??

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Me and my boyfriend thought that we could beat the crowd for breakfast yesterday morning and hurried to Bob Evans a little before nine. Well when we got there, there were about 20 people waiting, the person taking names picked up his podium and headed out to the lobby where he wrote down our names since we were just walking in the door. The other 19 people waiting inside did not see this happen, so they were standing in a line basically going nowhere. Then we noticed people getting called that came in after us so we asked what was going on. The host said they were trying to get the big tables seated first. Okay. Whatever. Then we finally were seated, where we waited for 20 minutes just to get someone to take out drink order. We finally placed our food order when the waitress came back to bring us drinks. We waited another 45 minutes for someone to come back, when they finally did, we were given stale bananna bread and told it would be out soon. Finally 20 minutes later our food came out. The eggs looked like they had been sitting under the warmer for awhile.

Doesn't this sound a lot like Friendly's when they were still around???:burning:

K

Kizzy

I don’t know if this was the one in Waldorf, but I was in Waldorf, I guess about 3 weeks ago. This woman who was running the register and seating people was told that she had customers at the front waiting to be seating. She started loudly complaining about her job saying I’m trying to straighten the menus, run the register and seat people. Basically, doing her job was too trying of a task for this woman.

It was the most unprofessional outburst I’ve ever seen in any establishment I’ve ever been too. I think there were about 10 occupied tables in the entire restaurant.

I waited tables for 4-years and I always treated each and every customer as if they were my boss. Maybe this was because I waited on a wife of a big shot from the Marriott Corporation the 1st month on the job and didn’t know it until she sent a notice to my boss saying that I did a great job. AND, believe me, many people were FIRED before me and after me because she complained.

Customer service seems to be something of the past.

Pete

Repete
Boy and I went to Applebees and it was almost the same deal. It stared out ok but turned downhill about the time she said "Welcome to Applebee's how many tonight?"

Snow Shovel

If there is any line at Bob Evans, it is best to pass it up. Better choice would be any of the firehouses that have Sunday breakfast as a fundraiser. Drayden or Hollywood serve breakfast once a month; there are probably others.
The Roost and Lenny's also have good Sunday breakfasts.

Last edited:

dum_blonde

Originally posted by happy_bee4

Doesn't this sound a lot like Friendly's when they were still around???:burning:

Ohhh, still the Friendly's-bashing! I suppose it's warranted... I worked there from when it opened till two months before it closed, and it was my experience that we dug our graves in the first two months of operation and spent the next 24 months trying to repair our reputation... which is difficult, since people who go into a restaurant with that kind of "reputation" expect crap. What was my point again? Oh, yes-- the management was god-awful, but the Prince Frederick one sucked more butt than the First Colony one, and it blows that we have to drive over an hour to get to a Friendly's now.

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Well, I heard...

Originally posted by kwillia
Nothing beats breakfast at Pete's Place in Hollywood...:gossip:
Where else can you get a good sunday morning breakfast with fresh squeezed.... MILK!!!

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Well, I heard...

Originally posted by mainman
Where else can you get a good sunday morning breakfast with fresh squeezed.... MILK!!!
Dude, just because you pull a stool up to Tiggers malt shop doesn't mean anyone else here does. IT's ok though, I don't judge either of you.

No milk at my place, I suddenly developed an intollerance for lactose

BuddyLee

Football addict
suck

yeah friendy's did suck but i wish i could have a resees sundae lol. hey what do you guys think, whats the best restaurant to get a dinner at???? thats DINNER not BREAKFAST. lol im not a morning person..........................i vote for Asahi and Monterreys in San Souci Plaza.

:burning:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: suck

Originally posted by BuddyLee
whats the best restaurant to get a dinner at???? thats DINNER not BREAKFAST. lol im not a morning person..........................i vote for Asahi and Monterreys in San Souci Plaza.

You probably can't afford it.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: suck

hey what do you guys think, whats the best restaurant to get a dinner at????

Why don't you lol get your own thread lol so that we can lol respond to this one lol without you lol hi-jacking it lol?:burning: lol

BuddyLee

Football addict
obviously

cant afford what breakfast?? no i just dont get up for that sort of thing. lol. obviously youve either never been to Monterreys or Asahi or you cant afford it. lol. they are pretty expensive.......

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Snow Shovel
If there is any line at Bob Evans, it is best to pass it up. Better choice would be any of the firehouses that have Sunday breakfast as a fundraiser. Drayden or Hollywood serve breakfast once a month; there are probably others.
The Roost and Lenny's also have good Sunday breakfasts.
I've never had a problem with Bob Evan's. Their chicken pot pie is delicious! I've never noticed bad service, at least nothing different than any of the other restaurants around here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: obviously

cant afford what breakfast?? no i just dont get up for that sort of thing. lol. obviously youve either never been to Monterreys or Asahi or you cant afford it. lol. they are pretty expensive.......

I have been to both many times. If you think that Montery is expensive, you could not afford the much more upscale places. lol :burning:

:rolleyes:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: why dont you

why dont you silence im just trying to make convo........:burning:
Why don't you "make convo" intelligently and then get back to me.

BuddyLee

Football addict
what upscale places lol

what upscale places and if there are any i dont think id like to indulge myself with that expensive crowd lol