Cfl Lightbulbs

W

Wenchy

I've hoarded the old bulbs. I hate the new things. Hate is a strong word, but does apply here.

C

czygvtwkr

I dont mind them, I actually started using them a long time ago but i did have a generic one catch fire once.

I have a stash of outdoor incadecent bulbs cause the cfls look like crap there.

JollyRoger

As if you really paid attention to how long an incandescent bulb would have lasted!
CFL's compared to an Incandescence? There is very little power factor correction difference. And to think you're saving is just an illusion. Have you ever thought about reading the label on a bulb box? Probably not. Read the one on a CFL. There are restrictions to where they can be placed. They cannot be recessed because they over heat and burn fast. They create too heat for there own good. They our known as self ballasted fluorescent lamps.

W

Wenchy

I don't mind them, I actually started using them a long time ago but I did have a generic one catch fire once.

I have a stash of outdoor incandescent bulbs cause the cfls look like crap there.

Catch fire?! That's almost as good as my FSC's which emit sparks when I light up.

Lovely country we live in. If I didn't have children I would move far away.

Enjoy! :cheers:

acommondisaster

I've bought 3 packs. Each pack had one that didn't work from the get go. Of the remaining 3 working bulbs, 2 burned out within 4 months. The one that has worked for all of 6 months is now buzzing when I turn it on. I'm considering stocking up on candles.

SG_Player1974

I'm just trying to cut my smeco bill down some

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I lived in a big city for most of my life as well as smaller towns/cities and honestly have never paid as much for electric as I do here! Everyone I talk to has the same problem. I think the lowest bill from SMECO that I have heard of was $125 and they live alone in a small rambler!!!!!