New Vision Trash Service?

SoMDWeesie

Does anyone have any experience with New Vision Trash Service? I found a paper flyer for them tucked in my front door. Their price is reasonable and it appears to be a company that's been around for a while in other states. I'm wondering if anyone else in St. Mary's Co. is pleased with their service? Thanks!

SoMdDude

I'm in Charles ,, and they came to my door one evening, the kid claims there are no fuel sur charges or anything on your bill, straight up $66 per 3 months, twice a week pickup. *shrug* Waiting for a neighbor to switch and ask them heh

paralegalusaf

Not impressed so far; we had to make an appt to sign a contract; for trash pick up!? Usually every where I've been it was done through a phone call; The appt was about 3 weeks ago.

My husband and I changed our trash service from Waste Management to New Vision because WM said we could put anything in our trash can and they'd take it...well, after the WM picked up some dry wall in our trash can, the driver apparently didn't like the fact when the trash can came down from the crane and hit the pavement, the dust from the can blew up and on him (ok, I feel bad, but it was a little funny; of course he was dress like he was going clubbing, not picking up trash; getting dirty is the nature of the job.).

As for New Vision, we were told the trash can would be delivered within the first week; we are still waiting three weeks later. In the meantime, we've been bringing our trash to the dump.

After numerous voice mails left with the regional rep, and no return call...I went online to find an alt. number. I was told there was a mix up with the delivery and we should have one today..they told us to put the trash bags on the curb...and they'll pick it up today...we'll see...Not impressed so far.

If there was a known mix-up, they should have called their customers informing them of the problem and when to expect the arrival of their trash can...and what to do in the meantime....I finally got a hold of the Rep today, but was not very helpful by redirecting me to the office number...telling me there were over 1K new customers and they ran out of trash cans...they rec'd more cans this week and hope to have one out to me shortly... I'll let you known how they are when they actually pick up the trash.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I picked up one of their flyers at work. Glad I haven't called them yet. Thanks for the reviews :shreddingflyer:

Gettin' ready to go head to head with a local mattress store today.

nana

Nana
They have been in our neighborhood alot we do have a couple of people that signed with them (I don't think they are very impressed to date but its still early)
We are in Charlotte Hall and have always used T&S Service with no problems at all

paralegalusaf

I think they are a up and coming company that couldn't handle all the new business...I'd give it a little bit for them to work out the kinks and then hopefully they will be better; I'm trying to remain positive...I'll post again after everything has settled down...

However here is how they rank in our household:

- Start Up, they get a big fat "F"

- Trash pick up is UNKNOWN...

- Customer Service (telephone - 877 number) is average. I didn't feel a whole lot of customer appreciation...I think it was more smoke being blown up you know where...

- Regional Representative Customer Service about trash can delivery; Poor. Provided information about issue with delivery; redirected to 877 number...vs. handling the issue. (Must not fall w/in job description...only get new customers, then terminate customer relationship.)

To revise my last post: Signed on 23 Jul 09, service starting on 4 Aug 09, trash can delivered with 7 days after signed contract...

So far they have missed the first scheduled week with picking up our trash. Hopefully next week will be better :-S

Last edited:

MRCA

We live in Charles County and switched to them. The are always here EARLY in the morning, like 7am. The kids came to our door and we signed up, gave them a check and got our cans. The only complaint is we got our trash can the day before our 1st pick up so it was kinda late. I did have to call them and wasnt impressed with the customer service on the phone. But we've had no problems with the actual pick up. And I LOVE their price, VERY CHEAP!

paralegalusaf

That is good to hear...hopefully, things will resolve quickly and it will be running as it should...they were suppose to be here today with a can and pick up our trash....trash still sitting on curb and no trash can...I guess I need to call again and be the squeeky wheel.

AnalyticalClock

New Vision Trash Service--Don't Sign Up!!!

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. We're cancelling our contract. If they are to be successful, THEY need a New Vision.

We live in LaPlata, Maryland and the sales rep, Sebastian, talked a sweet deal, but New Vision has yet to deliver and pick up. In fact, we're having to find empty space in our neighbor's Waste Management cans to get our trash out. We have garbage stacked up on our deck until we can find room in our neighbor's trash can for the next Waste Management run. They cashed our check within 4 days since we signed the contract, but has not delivered a can or recycle bins after 17 days of the signing the contract. The voice mail at the main number is full, and fom the 5 messages that we have left, no one has returned our call. We were told twice that a trash can would be delivered, but to date there has been no trash can delivery. We were told to set the trash on the street and it would be picked up. Well, the animals picked it up, but not New Vision.

While the price is cheap, you get what you pay for. In our case, we would rather get good reliable service rather than a catch-as-catch can fly by the seat of the pants business that claims to be a reputable trash service. There is also some bad press on this company regarding numerous environmental violation issues. Just google "New Vision Garbage" (what an appropriate name) and you'll find the news release.

If you decide to go with them, I wish you the best of luck. If things don't work out, don't say you were not warned.

Cheers

Last edited:

SoMDWeesie

Wow--thanks for all the feedback! I'm sorry to hear what a hassle some of you have had. I saw NV's negative press via Google; hence my curiousity about local reviews. It could be a year or so from now they'll have their groove but it doesn't sound like a good switch today. Paying WM top dollar for once a week pick up is painful but they are consistent. I will look into T&S but I have had no success finding anyone besides WM who will come to the more remote streets in Hollywood. If you get better NV service please post again.

STAYATHOMEMAMA3

Not sure if they serve the St. Mary's area(pretty sure they do) but 4 suns is a great trash company!!! It is $30 a month for twice a week pick up. The only downside is they only take bagged trash. They do take junk as well. We have had them for 2 yrs and are very satisfied. If you want I cant get you the number.

AnalyticalClock

New Vision Trash Service

I will let you know how things turn out with New Vision. I just mailed my complaint letter today and will fax also as a precaution. In case they continue to ignore me, I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Yes...I get pretty steamed when promises are made but not delivered...especially when I'm the one who has to pay for the promise. Hopefully, the refund, if it comes down to that, will offset the administrative cost of restarting my Waste Management account. I'd like to see more good stories about this company posted on this forum because they have completely lost my trust and confidence.

Last edited:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
What about Goode trash?
I've heard some good things, and I always see their trucks out.

Goode trash seems pretty reliable, the are a sub for WM so even though we pay WM, Goode picks it up. No problems for over a year now.

mamissa3

Well like some others of you we have been waiting for a trash can for aobut 3 weeks now. I was finally able to get a hold of someone today at 703-331-0600. This mad said that we should get tr ash cans by this weekend. Not holding to that because that was what i was told last week as well..He did say that they were not prepared for the amount of coustomers that they got from down here. We will see what happend!

SoMDWeesie

Name & number request

Not sure if they serve the St. Mary's area(pretty sure they do) but 4 suns is a great trash company!!! It is $30 a month for twice a week pick up. The only downside is they only take bagged trash. They do take junk as well. We have had them for 2 yrs and are very satisfied. If you want I cant get you the number.

Hi,

I haven't found "4 suns" in the phone book. I found Fielding & Sons, is that the same company? If you have the name & number for 4 suns please pass it on.
Bay District Disposal's price is the same as WM, T&S will come for $30 a month, 1x week.
The man at T&S was very honest and very helpful which was a pleasant change! I couldn't get through to Goode, I will try again. It makes me think the super low price quoted by NV may not be real or last long. If it's less than $5 a month difference I'm not going through the hassle of switching. No final decision yet.

mamissa3

So they came and picked up trash for us today at around 815 or so.. Said even if we didnt have trash can by monday they would still be back to get trash.

SoMdDude

My next door neighbor dropped WM and signed up for NV, that was almost 3 weeks ago and they still havent delivered his new trash can to him yet. AND WM still hasnt picked their can up yet :killingme Its still in his driveway..

I used Allied Waste, its $68 per 3 months but they do tack on like $7 for fuel fees, so its still cheaper than WM and they have ALWAYS shown up to pick our trash up. They only pick up trash one day a week though, but sometimes we dont even fill it up every week. We are going to stay with Allied Waste, the NV company just seemed too good to be true.

edit: just found my allied waste bill.. i was slightly off when saying how much it costs... its 65.55 every 3 months, then $9 for fuel fees, last bill was $77. Im not positive if they cover all of charles county, but you could call to find out...

Here is their contact info...

Allied Waste
300 Ritchie RD Capitol Heights MD 20743
301 336 1000

Last edited:

SoMDWeesie

My next door neighbor dropped WM and signed up for NV, that was almost 3 weeks ago and they still havent delivered his new trash can to him yet. AND WM still hasnt picked their can up yet :killingme Its still in his driveway..

I used Allied Waste, its $68 per 3 months but they do tack on like $7 for fuel fees, so its still cheaper than WM and they have ALWAYS shown up to pick our trash up. They only pick up trash one day a week though, but sometimes we dont even fill it up every week. We are going to stay with Allied Waste, the NV company just seemed too good to be true.

edit: just found my allied waste bill.. i was slightly off when saying how much it costs... its 65.55 every 3 months, then $9 for fuel fees, last bill was $77. Im not positive if they cover all of charles county, but you could call to find out...

Here is their contact info...

Allied Waste
300 Ritchie RD Capitol Heights MD 20743
301 336 1000

Thanks! This sounds good but I'm in Hollywood, St. Mary's County and several
of the companies in Charles Co. don't come down this far. Won't hurt me to call and ask!