Nancy: I dont care

-SS-

DHS Extremist
Nancy Pelosi on being unpopular: 'I don't care'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is one of the most despised political figures in the country.

And, frankly, she doesn’t give a damn.

“No, I don’t care,” Pelosi told POLITICO last Thursday, laughing heartily as she walked beneath the Capitol dome and plunged into a crowd of tourists.

:1bdz:

Last week’s Public Strategies Inc./POLITICO poll brought grim news for Pelosi, revealing that only a quarter of Americans trust the San Francisco Democrat — putting her in the basement with Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio).

Mention of the “trust” question halted the click-clack of Pelosi’s heels against Rotunda marble, and she turned to face the reporter who posed the question.

“I don’t know about ‘trust’ — I think I’m trusted,” she said.

“I certainly want to be trusted. I’m not particularly concerned if I’m liked.”
Nancy Pelosi on being unpopular: 'I don't care' - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

=============

She doesnt care. What say you?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh, but Nancy does care. Look at all the energy she's putting into trying to break the CIA over her knee about her 'lie' comments.

ImnoMensa

Nancy thinks she is trusted.. Bwaahahahahaha

She should go on the Letterman show with that one. They could us a good laugh.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!

She’s disliked AND she can’t be trusted. That 25% approval rating is very generous.

I think she is the worst speaker of the house in history. I’d like to take her easy button and smash her in the head with it and go “THAT WAS EASY!! (SMASH) THAT WAS EASY!!.

The most evil, vile, despicable, disgusting, emaciated scumbag politician to ever walk this earth.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Generically, I have to side with her not caring about being popular. But she should consider why she is not popular. Is it because she has made some tough, but wise decisions? Or is it because she has steamrolled her way right along doing as she pleases, defiant of what the citizenry actually wants? The former is acceptable, the latter not. Much like a parent, sometimes they will make decisions their kids don't like, yet they must be done all the same; but I don't think that is Pelosi's problem.

As for trust, she should feel incredibly fortunate if even 25% believe anything she says after getting into it with the CIA.

SamSpade

She doesnt care. What say you?

As long as her party supports her as Speaker, or as long as they don't think her low popularity hurts their agenda - she shouldn't.

Thing is, unlike being President, you can be booted from Speaker pretty much at any time if your Party doesn't want you there. One ambitious House member could just take the job away from her.

-SS-

DHS Extremist
As long as her party supports her as Speaker, or as long as they don't think her low popularity hurts their agenda - she shouldn't.

Thing is, unlike being President, you can be booted from Speaker pretty much at any time if your Party doesn't want you there. One ambitious House member could just take the job away from her.

You do realize that the only one who can take her on is Stenny, right? Would you prefer him instead?

SamSpade

You do realize that the only one who can take her on is Stenny, right? Would you prefer him instead?

I don't think he's the only one. He's the most visible House leader. But when Newt was being raked over the coals - twice - it wasn't Dick Armey gunning for his job, but Paxon. And Boehner was his most vocal critic.

Anyone who replaces Pelosi is still going to be a Democrat with Obama's agenda in hand. We're not going to get a Blue Dog like Shuler.

Toxick

Splat
You mean you would be in favor of the lesser of two evils?

If the menu consists only of vomit or diarrhea, and you have to choose one - then you choose one.

However, if chicken nuggets are also on the menu, you choose them, even if there's little chance you're actually going to get them.

-SS-

DHS Extremist
Let's put it this way; I say this based on how poor a leader I think Pelosi is for this nation, not based on how good I think Hoyer would be.

Hmmmmmmmm... that wasnt implied. The comparison drawn shows that they are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

Point being: they both dont care.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You mean you would be in favor of the lesser of two evils?

Lame.

Nancy or Steny is still a D as speaker and, frankly, less likely, in my view, for the R's to take over because I think Steny would be less inflammatory than Nancy.

McCain or Obama was, to me, as you well know, either more slide to the left or a line in the sand to start fighting back from.

So, if it makes you happy, I'll change my answer to Nancy. :lol:

Pandora

If the menu consists only of vomit or diarrhea, and you have to choose one - then you choose one.

However, if chicken nuggets are also on the menu, you choose them, even if there's little chance you're actually going to get them.

:killingme THAT is a nasty.... nasty thought!