First lady receives high marks from Laura Bush

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"GROTON, Conn. - Michelle Obama’s performance as first lady is getting high marks from her predecessor, Laura Bush.

Speaking to The Associated Press after a change-of-command ceremony for the USS Texas submarine in Connecticut, Bush said Friday she’s watched the current first lady from afar and is impressed.

Bush says "she’s doing a great job," and says being first lady is like being a member of a club that very few people get to be part of."

More at: First lady receives high marks from Laura Bush - BostonHerald.com

bcp

In My Opinion
Just makes me like Laura Bush even more.

too bad the bamas cant be as gracious and respectable as the Bushs were/are

Bushs are a class act.

bamas seem to be acting like hood rats.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Bushs are a class act.

What he said. Exactly!!!

Bann

PREMO Member
Does Michelle have an agenda yet? Most first ladies have a purpose.

Supposedly, at first she was going to be "Mom in Chief". Then her main focus was something to do with advocating for military families. A vague platform, really.

bcp

In My Opinion
Does Michelle have an agenda yet? Most first ladies have a purpose.
as soon as she figures out how to use it she wants to get some of the bailout money earmarked to get each woman in America their very own thigh master.

Right now she is having problems getting used to it.
seems that before someone gave this to her she just used to put bammys head between her knees and use the tension from his ears to work out with.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Nonno, stop trying to sell this Obama feel good horsesh*t, The Obama's numbers will continue to fall, deal with it!!! :coffee:

ginwoman

Bushs are a class act.

yes, the Bush's are and always have been a class act.

bcp

In My Opinion
Nonno, stop trying to sell this Obama feel good horsesh*t, The Obama's numbers will continue to fall, deal with it!!! :coffee:
whats really sad is that he points to Laura Bush for support on this.. a woman that the left hated and tried the best to discredit in those early years of her First womanshipness, or whatever its called.

guess they are running out of good arguments to try and fool people into thinking the o's are not better suited for the inner city chicago lifestyle.

Bann

PREMO Member
whats really sad is that he points to Laura Bush for support on this.. a woman that the left hated and tried the best to discredit in those early years of her First womanshipness, or whatever its called.

guess they are running out of good arguments to try and fool people into thinking the o's are not better suited for the inner city chicago lifestyle.

Exactly! [All of a sudden, to the left] Laura has credibility, and if she says Michelle is ok, then she must be! That's the left's twisted logic, for sure!

acommondisaster

If anything, this article is more about Laura Bush and her graciousness than about 6kgaterbag Obama. Remember how LB defended Mrs Obama after her "it's the first time I've been proud of my country" slip?

Nice of you to acknowledge just what a class act Laura Bush was, nono. However it does surprise me that both you and the mainstream media would use the approval of anyone in an administration you seem to dislike and discredit so much to show how wonderful the current first lady is. How can her approval matter if the Bush's were so awful?

Last edited: