Drunk man falls off boat. Nobody notices

bcp

In My Opinion
Oh they knew he fell
never get drunk and run your mouth to everyone while on the boat.

never.

bcp

In My Opinion
I heard somewhere once that the majority of drowings caused by falling off of boats was men.
then it was broke down that the majority of the men drowned were drunk, and then the majority of them had their winky out like they fell during an off side peeing event.

dont know how much truth was in all that but it was funny when you think about it. never pee off the side when drunk.

course, they might have just beey saying that to keep the pee out the pond.

I heard somewhere once that the majority of drowings caused by falling off of boats was men.
then it was broke down that the majority of the men drowned were drunk, and then the majority of them had their winky out like they fell during an off side peeing event.

dont know how much truth was in all that but it was funny when you think about it. never pee off the side when drunk.

course, they might have just beey saying that to keep the pee out the pond.

Heard the same thing.

Thankfully, Cpl. Jeffrey Sweitzer found McCarthy as he patrolled the lake. At the time, Sweitzer was trying to follow a boat that passed within 15 feet of a fishing vessel while going 40 knots (the equivalent of about 46 mph) at 1 a.m. Aug. 1. The weather at the time was overcast with poor visibility.

I would think at 1 a.m. the visibility would be pretty poor whether or not it was overcast.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would think at 1 a.m. the visibility would be pretty poor whether or not it was overcast.

You might be surprised. On clear nights when it's glass smooth out there, that is just effing KEWL, going fast, the hum of the motor and the watering coming off the hull. My dad has a ski boat he lets us use and that lake at night is a thrill.

And you can see pretty good when it's glass smooth. You can see things in the water more readily than day with the water chopped up.

On the other hand, it's insane to be moving fast when you can't see REAL well.

bcp

In My Opinion
You might be surprised. On clear nights when it's glass smooth out there, that is just effing KEWL, going fast, the hum of the motor and the watering coming off the hull. My dad has a ski boat he lets us use and that lake at night is a thrill.

And you can see pretty good when it's glass smooth. You can see things in the water more readily than day with the water chopped up.

This is true, but from watching others I have come to realize that the more you drink, the better you can see and handle your boat.

I never tried this approach because I have never allowed any drinking on my boat. the last thing I want is a drunk on board if something were to go wrong.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is true, but from watching others I have come to realize that the more you drink, the better you can see and handle your boat.

I never tried this approach because I have never allowed any drinking on my boat. the last thing I want is a drunk on board if something were to go wrong.

Note I didn't mention anything about drinking and boating. I do it during the day. I do not do it at night. Your senses have to be razer sharp at night not only for safety but, to truly take in the water, the hull, the motor and the wind in your face.

bcp

In My Opinion
I have to agree, take a nice calm night on the bay with a full moon, nothing better.
Pull way out of the channel, turn on the morring lights, drop anchor and go downstairs for a coffee and a good book.

Many a night.

You mean, like, to be told you lost someone overboard after you've put the boat away for the night? That could ruin an evening....

BOP

Had this been a woman, Nancy Grace would already have her husband convicted of murder! As would all the commercial press.

You know, you're awfully cynical.

As well as politically incorrect.

Doesn't the Nobama administration have a Political Correctness Czar you can report yourself to?

I've never been able to see at night on the bay well enough to feel comfortable getting up on plane. I could see if it was moonlit and calm, but I've never been that lucky I guess. the last time I was coming in at night I missed a fish trap by 10 feet or so. Just saw a white bucket pass to the starboard side. I guess that's what passes for marking your setup.