Casualties in Afghanistan will stay high

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"WASHINGTON — The commanding U.S. general in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, says American casualty numbers are expected to remain high for the next several months as Taliban fighters move beyond their traditional strongholds in southern Afghanistan and threaten other regions.

McChrystal’s interim assessment of the war, now pushed back past an original mid-August deadline, is expected to be a sober accounting of the difficulties of fighting an entrenched and technically capable insurgency eight years into the Afghan conflict. He is expected to identify shortfalls that should be filled by more forces — perhaps a mix of Afghan, NATO and U.S. troops.

In an interview published Monday in The Wall Street Journal, McChrystal said Taliban militants are gaining the upper hand.

“It’s a very aggressive enemy right now,” he said in his office in Kabul.

July was the deadliest month for U.S. forces in Afghanistan, and McChrystal said he anticipates more losses as the U.S. brings in more troops to fight the resurgent Taliban.

The assessment was to be delivered in mid-August, but McChrystal was told to take extra time during a meeting in Belgium last week with Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Michael Mullen. The report should now come sometime after the Aug. 20 elections in Afghanistan, the Journal reported."

More at: McChrystal: Casualties in Afghanistan will stay high | Stars and Stripes

bcp

In My Opinion
How come the liberals arent lining up at the airport taking pictures of the dead soldiers being retunned.

oh, thats right, the liberals dont really care about the soldiers, they are nothing more than a tool to be used for political gain.

obamas war is going to cost alot of young men their lives.

ImnoMensa

How come the liberals arent lining up at the airport taking pictures of the dead soldiers being retunned.

oh, thats right, the liberals dont really care about the soldiers, they are nothing more than a tool to be used for political gain.

obamas war is going to cost alot of young men their lives.

Why are we in Afghanistan anyway, to protect Obama's Heroin Poppy's?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Yall notice that the media isn't constantly reminding us of the death toll these last 8 months?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yall notice that the media isn't constantly reminding us of the death toll these last 8 months?

yes, I've noticed.. No running tally on the evening news.. No mention of milestones..

No mention of "Deadliest month in the last 6 months"..

Just a cursory..

"Three soldiers died in Afghanistan today... and in other news.. "

PsyOps

Pixelated
Neener provides a ringing endorsement that Obama's policy in Afghanistan is a complete failure.

bcp

In My Opinion
Why are we in Afghanistan anyway, to protect Obama's Heroin Poppy's?
You know, Ive wondered this myself.
If you just want to find Bin Laden, do like you would if you were searching for a hiding kid after a bad report card.

stop looking.
thats right, just stop looking, make it look like its over, like you dont care.
sooner or later, he is going to pop his little turbined head out of his cave just like one of those whack-a-mole things. Then, when he is in the open feeling safe, crack him.

so, why are we there?
let me suggest something to you.
we know that obama hates America and loves the little brown muslim people so here is what I think is going on.

What happens if you send troups and equipment into a war zone, but you dont send enough troops to do the job.
Well, the troops get killed, the muslims get to collect new American weapons.
basically, you are supplying the enemy with weapons using the troops as a delievery service.
The Afaghanies end up armed to the teeth, and the U.S citizens have no clue that the large eared wonder did it on purpose.

obama is arming the enemy with the best weapons that the U.S has to offer so that the enemy can use them against us when we least suspect it.

its brilliant.