It is addicting...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
to save kitties!
I just helped my mom adopt a cat from the Animal relief fund rescue. Yay! I am just talking everyone I know into getting rescue kitties:yahoo:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That is so great ! There are so MANY rescues that need homes. We try as hard as we can to save as many as possible.

The ones I feel the worst for are the ones most people don't want to adopt due to their age. I know of so many dogs and cats put down at the shelter due to being older and no one adopted them.

Yippee for adopting rescues !:buddies:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Indeed. My mom actually wanted a little bit older kitty..kittens are a little too much for their household :) but I do feel quite happy. makes me want to do some volunteering...I dont have the room to foster..but maybe I will go out this weekend and pick up some extra kitty supplies for a local rescue. That I can do

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
So my mom's new kitty is such a sweetheart...she is five years old..and had been at the rescue stuck in a cage for at least 2 months....she was a return adoption...I don't really know much else. She loves attention and just purrs away when you pet her...however, she is quite timid so far (been home 2 days) and seems to walk everywhere hunched...and hide under things...she isnt afraid of us though...if you approach her she starts purring and trys to get petted...Any ideas on making her more comfortable and outgoing? we set her box and things int he little office downstairs so she has a "safe place" she loves it in there and does not hide in that room...but we want her to come out and be a part of the family..we can give her lots of time..any ideas to make it easier for her?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Almost all of the cats we take in act that way for a few days - some longer than others and can be apprehensive for weeks even. I bet after she settles in she will be acting normally.

So my mom's new kitty is such a sweetheart...she is five years old..and had been at the rescue stuck in a cage for at least 2 months....she was a return adoption...I don't really know much else. She loves attention and just purrs away when you pet her...however, she is quite timid so far (been home 2 days) and seems to walk everywhere hunched...and hide under things...she isnt afraid of us though...if you approach her she starts purring and trys to get petted...Any ideas on making her more comfortable and outgoing? we set her box and things int he little office downstairs so she has a "safe place" she loves it in there and does not hide in that room...but we want her to come out and be a part of the family..we can give her lots of time..any ideas to make it easier for her?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
she is much better now...my mom neglected to mention to me that she got some shots the day she was adopted...my kitty hides when she has her shots too! she is such a lovely kitty..she is now roaming around and exploring everything...she and the dog are working out where each gets to sleep on the bed...but other than that all is smooth and my mom is so happy to have a love kitty like her :)

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I love my shelter kitty whom we adopted in January. He was a return also and for the life of me I can't figure out why. He is a year old now and just always seems so happy to be in a home and loved.