Extreme Motorsports in Lex Pk

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Arghhh! The b/f just got a job there last week. He was told that he would be paid hourly for the time he was there. I told him to get it in writing. He didn't. Well today, after working 54 hours, he gets a check for $130.00. Evidently the guy really meant to tell him that he would be paid an hourly commission. Since he only pulled an engine apart, and didn't "do any actual work on it," he doesn't get paid for it. And since the shop wasn't busy, even though he had to be there, he doesn't get paid for going to work.
I am really pizzed. Sorry, just had to vent. I don't think they should be able to get away with this, but since the b/f didn't get it in writing that he was supposed to be paid hourly, there's really nothing he can do about it, right?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Kain99
Here's an idea I bet he didn't think of....... Quit! :biggrin:
He already did, this morning. He's already got a new job too. I don't know how he finds these jobs so quickly. Its the good-ole-boy network at its best.:biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Even though he has moved on, your b/f should do the following. Write a letter to the company requesting the remainder of his pay based on the per hour rate minus what he was given. Give them 10 days to send him a check. Send it certified return receipt requested. If no payment at the end of ten days have him contact Maryland's DLLR (see http://www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/emps.html ). They can go after the employer or give him advice on filing a small claims suit.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Extreme Motorsports in Lex Pk

Originally posted by *archimedes*
You know, it sounds like your b/f has Peter Pan syndrome. Aren't you about ready to admit your mistake and cut your losses before you end up knocked up and alone in the somd drama treads begging marley for attention like the other :loser:s?
:killingme :killingme you rock man, such clarity of thought with such a classic delivery. I think you should get an award.

Hey vrai, why don't you start a FORMY Awards. Have a bunch of catagories.

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Re: Extreme Motorsports in Lex Pk

Originally posted by *archimedes*
You know, it sounds like your b/f has Peter Pan syndrome. Aren't you about ready to admit your mistake and cut your losses before you end up knocked up and alone in the somd drama treads begging marley for attention like the other :loser:s?
Nah, this is an obviously unfair situation. He will make sure that the bills are paid. He's always doing side jobs on the weekends. He just won't be able to use that as his "fun" money anymore. He is actually very responsible. He had a good reason to quit. He knows that I won't support him. :biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
Are you saying that if he couldn't pay the bills, you'd give him the boot?
She can't give him the boot since she said she was living in his house.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by cariblue
oic. She'd leave him if he couldn't pay the bills.
I can't afford to support us both. I wouldn't leave him unless he was unwilling to find work. As long as he is working or trying to find work, I will subsidize him until he gets back on his feet. If he refused to find work, I would leave his a$$. I'm not his momma.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ehesef said:
I love it when I get red karma from a 2 year old thread :lmao:
Didn't you say something about a table dance on Monday.. What happened? I waited.. and waited.. Dared Slotted to hit ya with a spitball as you were lining up a shot, but he wouldn't do it.

Now it'll have to be a lapdance :whistle: