Looking for a place to live..

SlowMo

Teh SLOW
Hey guys and gals,

I'm just looking for some help before I come back up to SoMD and start looking around. I enlisted into the Marine Corps out of Great Mills back in '05 (For those of you wondering, this is DJ, Logic from the SoMDRacing.com forum) and I'm looking to get out probably early next year pending my PEB goes well and they release me without anymore surgeries. My wife wants to move back up to Maryland to be near her mother and I was just wondering where a good place to start looking for a house/apartment would be? I've seen some of the apartments and houses up in Wildwood on a few of my visits to friends and was wondering about the rest of the area. Anywhere from Waldorf on down to Scotland.

At this particular moment in time I don't know exactly what my money situation is going to be other than I should be raking in enough to afford basic rent/mortgage and utilities with some change on the side off of my disability alone until I finish my degree.

What's the market like up there now? I know my in-laws house has lost about 40k of it's value since they bought it a couple of years ago. It's located over near Gate 3 in that neighborhood next to the apartments where they just Section 8'd the flattops.

SlowMo

Teh SLOW
PEB?
What happened?

IED messed up my right ankle pretty good and, three surgeries later, it's still looking like I won't be able to run on it anymore. There's a whole plethora of other things wrong with me that are associated with the blast but that's the contract killer.

Thanks StrawberryGal!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
IED messed up my right ankle pretty good and, three surgeries later, it's still looking like I won't be able to run on it anymore. There's a whole plethora of other things wrong with me that are associated with the blast but that's the contract killer.

Thanks StrawberryGal!

Thank you for your service.

RPMDAD

Thanks StrawberryGal!

Semper Fi bro, thank you for your service hope all goes well for you and your family

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yea, thanx for your service and sacrifice. I retired in May after 22 years Air Force. I just bought a second house in Mechanicsville and was looking to rent my current house within the next 2-3 months. 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, 10x16' shed, frenced fenced yard with lots of trees. Quite neighborhood on northern most part of Waldorf. I was loooking for military to rent to. I've owned the house since I built in in 1996, so I'd hate to rent to someone who will not take of it.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Thank you for your service.
:yeahthat:
It's a buyer's market right now. After an outrageous increase in property values from 2003-2007, the real estate market tanked. Lots of foreclosures and lots of folks who bought at the peak of the real estate boom looking to get out before they end up in foreclosure.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

Thanks StrawberryGal!

THANK you SO much for serving your Country and protecting our Freedom.

BLUIGAL

Gratitude and blessings to you & yours.

Thank you and your family for your service to our Country........I know from experience that the families serve as well........Blessings and prayers to you and yours.............

N

navywife1984

Thank you so very much for your service. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you recuperate and during your house hunting back in the area. A good website for you to check out (if you haven't already) is MilitarybyOwner.com - Real Estate near U.S. Military Bases They have homes both for sale and for rent. Another place to check is the housing office on base here at PAX River if you haven't yet; they have listings of homes by military members too.

Our son attends GMHS and has entered the delayed entry program for the USMC and leaves for Parris Island soon after graduation next June.

Best of luck to you and your family.
:patriot:

Hey guys and gals,

I'm just looking for some help before I come back up to SoMD and start looking around. I enlisted into the Marine Corps out of Great Mills back in '05 (For those of you wondering, this is DJ, Logic from the SoMDRacing.com forum) and I'm looking to get out probably early next year pending my PEB goes well and they release me without anymore surgeries. My wife wants to move back up to Maryland to be near her mother and I was just wondering where a good place to start looking for a house/apartment would be? I've seen some of the apartments and houses up in Wildwood on a few of my visits to friends and was wondering about the rest of the area. Anywhere from Waldorf on down to Scotland.

At this particular moment in time I don't know exactly what my money situation is going to be other than I should be raking in enough to afford basic rent/mortgage and utilities with some change on the side off of my disability alone until I finish my degree.

What's the market like up there now? I know my in-laws house has lost about 40k of it's value since they bought it a couple of years ago. It's located over near Gate 3 in that neighborhood next to the apartments where they just Section 8'd the flattops.