Bridal Shower cakes

havoc

I need to order a cake soon for a bridal shower that's in 2.5 weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on where to get it. I want something a little nicer than what you'd get in a grocery store, but without breaking the bank. I've used Charles Street Bakery in LaPlata once before and the cake was beautiful but a bit pricey.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the Charles County area? Websites with photos showing their work (and prices) would be great!

TIA!

nlawanda

I highly recommend Sparkle Sweets.

They are based out of Waldorf and the cakes not only look good but they taste yummy.

Prices are vary reasonable.

I have used them for a few events and everyone always inquires about where I got the cake!

Home Page

The website is under construction but the owner is very good about emailing pictures so you can see some of the completed cakes!

havoc

Thanks for the ideas. I went to Walls last night, but all of their photos looked more like the old-fashioned style than what we're looking for. Although I'm sure anything they made would taste great! We got some Chinese almond cookies while we were there and they were delicious!

I'll try some of the other suggestions today. Thanks!

kelb

art imitating life
I need to order a cake soon for a bridal shower that's in 2.5 weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on where to get it. I want something a little nicer than what you'd get in a grocery store, but without breaking the bank. I've used Charles Street Bakery in LaPlata once before and the cake was beautiful but a bit pricey.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the Charles County area? Websites with photos showing their work (and prices) would be great!

TIA!

Check out S&S
click on pics
then click on cakes
and tell me what you think

:biggrin:

Check out S&S
click on pics
then click on cakes
and tell me what you think

:biggrin:

The wedding cakes shown are most certainly amateur work not qualified to charge what professional cake bakers would charge, but if he/she is charging affordable rates in accordance with experience, its a good way for someone to save money on their cake.

kvj21075

Meow
The wedding cakes shown are most certainly amateur work not qualified to charge what professional cake bakers would charge, but if he/she is charging affordable rates in accordance with experience, its a good way for someone to save money on their cake.
ouch

kelb

art imitating life

Really? hm...
They are done by a few different people

There is no "ouch" to it. You pointed out the link and said "let me know what you think" so I did...:lol: There is absolutely nothing wrong with using an amateur cake baker, but you better darn sight be paying amateur prices!

I'm an amateur cake baker and have done many many wedding cakes, shower cakes, birthday cakes, baby shower cakes, etc. but no way in heck would I ever expect to charge the for any of my cakes the prices professional bakers/decorators command.... as it should be.

4d2008

There is no "ouch" to it. You pointed out the link and said "let me know what you think" so I did...:lol: There is absolutely nothing wrong with using an amateur cake baker, but you better darn sight be paying amateur prices!

I'm an amateur cake baker and have done many many wedding cakes, shower cakes, birthday cakes, baby shower cakes, etc. but no way in heck would I ever expect to charge the for any of my cakes the prices professional bakers/decorators command.... as it should be.
:confused:

Hoover

Charles Street Bakery - la Plata - right on the main road. they are really good and professional.