World Gym in LaPlata

B

Blueyedmdgrl

Hey y'all! I have a question for ya?!?! I've seen the signs for the World Gym that is opening in LaPlata, and even wrote "them". Anyone know an estimated opening date? I'm cancelling my membership at LaPlata Fitness to go over to World Gym.

Thanks!!

Klate

I believe the guy who owns the World Gym in Mechanicsville is going to be the one opening up one in LaPlata. You could give the Mechanicsville location a call. They may be able to tell ya :)

B

Blueyedmdgrl

I believe the guy who owns the World Gym in Mechanicsville is going to be the one opening up one in LaPlata. You could give the Mechanicsville location a call. They may be able to tell ya :)

You were correct! And, they told me what I needed to know!! Thanks a bunch!

flowerlover

world gym - what's the scoop?

So what did they tell you? Seems like it's been more than a year they've been working on it to open. I was figuring with the economy going bust the owners backed out and decided not to open. Hasn't even been any advertising for it.

B

Blueyedmdgrl

So what did they tell you? Seems like it's been more than a year they've been working on it to open. I was figuring with the economy going bust the owners backed out and decided not to open. Hasn't even been any advertising for it.

The really sweet lady I talked to, said that the projected date is in October. The Mech. owner has a "piece" in the LaPlata location.

You are right though, the sign w/no details has been on the building forever.

Very glad to hear it's on it's way!

smacfit

Gym Guy

Hi,
Saw your post on the somd online. I am the fellow who owns the Mechanicsville World Gym. Really appreciate your interest in the Laplata location. Please continue to be patient we are behind schedule due to the amount of demolition we had to do. My employee probably should not have told you we would be open in October, it may be as late as December. But Tell your friends we are coming!! We are working hard to build one of the nicest facilities in the area.

Look forward to seeing you.

The really sweet lady I talked to, said that the projected date is in October. The Mech. owner has a "piece" in the LaPlata location.

You are right though, the sign w/no details has been on the building forever.

Very glad to hear it's on it's way!

Paigebailey143

World Gym Of La Plata

I've been trying to get in touch with the owner of World Gym and no one knows his e-mail or phone number or anything!! Hopefully he will read this!! I'm intrested in working at the gym in LP once it opens at the front desk or day care and eventually become a trainer. I have filled out an application but I was wondering If there was any way I could talk to the owner in person. I saw him in the mechanicsville gym the other day cause i'm there 24/7 but he was leaving right when I tried to catch him!! Darn it!! Can anyone help me??
Thank you,
Paige:)

smacfit

Gym Guy

I've been trying to get in touch with the owner of World Gym and no one knows his e-mail or phone number or anything!! Hopefully he will read this!! I'm intrested in working at the gym in LP once it opens at the front desk or day care and eventually become a trainer. I have filled out an application but I was wondering If there was any way I could talk to the owner in person. I saw him in the mechanicsville gym the other day cause i'm there 24/7 but he was leaving right when I tried to catch him!! Darn it!! Can anyone help me??
Thank you,
Paige:)

Hi Paige,

We are a few weeks from even starting to take applications, you can go to the Mechanicsville World Gym website and email me again so we can keep in touch as to when we will start interviewing.

Thanks

lovinmaryland

Hi,
Saw your post on the somd online. I am the fellow who owns the Mechanicsville World Gym. Really appreciate your interest in the Laplata location. Please continue to be patient we are behind schedule due to the amount of demolition we had to do. My employee probably should not have told you we would be open in October, it may be as late as December. But Tell your friends we are coming!! We are working hard to build one of the nicest facilities in the area.

Look forward to seeing you.

:drool: :hot:

Hey R :love:

beakon20

Any updates on the World Gym in La Plata? Also, does anyone know what the membership rates are at the World Gym in Mechanicsville? I assume they be close to the new one in La Plata.

Any updates on the World Gym in La Plata? Also, does anyone know what the membership rates are at the World Gym in Mechanicsville? I assume they be close to the new one in La Plata.

Its not going to open until JAnuary 1. The one in mechancisville is owned by the same as the laplata one. If you go now, it is a free trial for 2 weeks.. then on there 4th anniversary. You pay $4 until january one. THEN, it will be $44 a month. but u have to sign up for a year if u pay the $4. u have access to like 5 diff locations!!!

S

starr

Is World Gym taking over Pro Fitness too? I saw a sign when I was there the other day. Nobody was at the front desk to ask.