Defense Spending

-SS-

DHS Extremist
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Is providing for the common defense of the nation promoting the welfare of the Nation?

[do not want to de-rail the other thread].

Discuss.

bcp

In My Opinion
first we have to determine if the words Promote, and Provide have the same meaning, or different meanings.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is providing for the common defense of the nation promoting the welfare of the Nation?

[do not want to de-rail the other thread].

Discuss.

Yes.

However, the problem is 'what is 'providing for the common defense'?

I argue Wilson is our great Satan as our involvement in WWI distorted the world, guaranteed WWII and hardwired interventionism in our DNA.

FDR used WWII as his economic recovery act.

Korea was a mess.

Vietnam speaks for itself.

Gulf War I was a 'good' war; obtain reasonable objective, reach it, go home.

Gulf II and A'stan are well on there way to 'disaster' status.

In my view.

Diewee

No defense would make us open to being taken over by rouge nations like Somalia. I don’t like the idea of being ruled by Somalia’s so I like my military. Would be nice to not be NATO’s ##### whore and just worry about our problems.

Rommey

Today, 03:31 PM
This message is hidden because FredFlash is on your ignore list.

Today, 03:32 PM

Today, 03:40 PM

Today, 05:04 PM

Today, 06:27 PM
Anyone hear something?

-SS-

DHS Extremist
Here's the thing: what most on the left fail to grasp is that there are horrible people out there in the world. History shows this to be true. So based upon a defense of the Nation State, it can be successfully asserted that you can not promote the common good without providing a defense for that society.

When you tell a cultural marxist / progressive this, watch their head explode. Good stuff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's the thing: what most on the left fail to grasp is that there are horrible people out there in the world. History shows this to be true. So based upon a defense of the Nation State, it can be successfully asserted that you can not promote the common good without providing a defense for that society.

When you tell a cultural marxist / progressive this, watch their head explode. Good stuff.

I disagree. I think they know full well that there are people out there who will cut off heads, set IED's, fly planes loaded with innocents into buildings...that sort of thing.

However, their issues are ones of motivation, that we instigate and deserve what has happened to us, that we need to be humbled and put in our place.

-SS-

DHS Extremist
I disagree. I think they know full well that there are people out there who will cut off heads, set IED's, fly planes loaded with innocents into buildings...that sort of thing.

However, their issues are ones of motivation, that we instigate and deserve what has happened to us, that we need to be humbled and put in our place.

Well, thats a different argument in itself. Heres why: they believe that they can talk their way through anything becuase they truly believe that they have the superior intellect and can therefore, outwit you through articulation and speech. That isnt providing a defense, that is providing banter at best.

The crux of my argument is that regardless of the above, providing for the common defense does indeed promote the welfare of the people, regardless of what words are used. Words do not protect people, arms do.

Diewee

Well, thats a different argument in itself. Heres why: they believe that they can talk their way through anything becuase they truly believe that they have the superior intellect and can therefore, outwit you through articulation and speech. That isnt providing a defense, that is providing banter at best.

The crux of my argument is that regardless of the above, providing for the common defense does indeed promote the welfare of the people, regardless of what words are used. Words do not protect people, arms do.

Oh on the contrary my good man… Their tinkerbell fairy dust and stern manner in asking please don’t hate us will be just so humiliating to the terrorist of the world they will just go back to their caves and cower in fear and amazement at their intellectual superiority. See they do have a plan and it’s a good one! Better than any over the span of human life.