How do we catch it?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I find them all the time in the house but they have several little holes in their bodies. Look like kitty teef marks to me. :lol:

I find them all the time in the house but they have several little holes in their bodies. Look like kitty teef marks to me. :lol:
Remington has given up on catching it. I don't know if Smudge has seen it yet. Mackenzie probably won't bother herself enough to give it any effort. She has boy cats around to do that for her.

An adult skink has made it into the house somehow. How do we catch it?

Be careful, they are dangerous when cornered and can leap a freakishly long distance.

Seriously, just find out where it is and grab it? I doubt you'll be able to lure it out. Unless you have a fly rod and some tiny gnats tied on a #1 hook.

SouthernZ

The easiest way as someone else has said, is to just find it and grab it, and release it. If it's just a blue tail skink, or some other small variety then you don't have to worry about whether or not it bites you. Their teeth are so tiny that they cannot penetrate your skin.

On the other hand if it's a larger variety like a broadhead, their bites can be painful depending on the size of the skink. In that case use some type of glove and you will be fine.

-SZ

Seriously, just find out where it is and grab it? I doubt you'll be able to lure it out. Unless you have a fly rod and some tiny gnats tied on a #1 hook.
That was my thought when I heard about it. However, my arms aren't long enough to catch it from here in Silver Spring. Will give it a try when I get home. Hopefully it is not some sort of mutant skink from Calvert Cliffs nuke plant.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
An adult skink has made it into the house somehow. How do we catch it?

You can catch part of it by grabbing the tail if you're fast enough. :lol: I wouldn't worry about it though. I've had several (blue or red ones) come in and they either find a way back out or I find them (dried up into hard petrified bodies) during the next spring cleaning.