Gridiron Grill?

Riddler

Anyone know anything about it? The coming soon sign is at the 249/5 light. I assume it will be where the Italian place was. Did a quick google search and they've booked some bands. I assume it will be a sports bar?

Anyone know anything about it? The coming soon sign is at the 249/5 light. I assume it will be where the Italian place was. Did a quick google search and they've booked some bands. I assume it will be a sports bar?
Where?

SoMDGirl42

Total assumption here, but I think he/she is referring to the Italian place that is located in the stores behind A&W maybe? That would be about 249/5 intersection and the only Italian place I can think of. :shrug:

Total assumption here, but I think he/she is referring to the Italian place that is located in the stores behind A&W maybe? That would be about 249/5 intersection and the only Italian place I can think of. :shrug:
Let me break it down further for you...

Where is 249/5?

What is A&W? Rootbeer?

Some of us are not County and are transplants and don't know where every podunk bar/grill/restaurant/intersection is in this county.

Bonehead

Where is 249/5?

What is A&W? Rootbeer?

Some of us are not County and are transplants and don't know where every podunk bar/grill/restaurant/intersection is in this county.

Well 5 goes all the way down to point lookout and 249 goes to St George's Island. They intersect in Callaway. There are a small group of stores behind the gas station A&W fast food joint, this new restaurant is one of them.

SoMDGirl42

Where is 249/5?

What is A&W? Rootbeer?

Oooooooooo. Getting all spunky. SORRY. SOME of us are county and assume everyone knows where every podunk bar/grill/restaurant/intersection is.

So Mr. Transplant, Rt 249/5 is the intersection in Callaway. 249 takes you to Valley Lee/Tall Timbers/ St. Georges Island. It's just south of Foodlion, and across from the entrance to A&W the fast food joint and gas station. There is a car wash/ laundry mat / and some other podunk stores in the shopping center.

:killingme break it down enough :getdown: :dye:

Oooooooooo. Getting all spunky. SORRY. SOME of us are county and assume everyone knows where every podunk bar/grill/restaurant/intersection is.

So Mr. Transplant, Rt 249/5 is the intersection in Callaway. 249 takes you to Valley Lee/Tall Timbers/ St. Georges Island. It's just south of Foodlion, and across from the entrance to A&W the fast food joint and gas station. There is a car wash/ laundry mat / and some other podunk stores in the shopping center.

:killingme break it down enough :getdown: :dye:
Perfect! NOW I know exactly where you are talking about. Thank you.

Carry on with the previously started thread....

GenoBluzGtr

Not sure what kind of bar/grill it's going to be, but they will be having live music. Our band is booked there for December 19th. From what I was told, it's supposed to be up and running sometime in October.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love

Where is 249/5?

What is A&W? Rootbeer?

psssst, there are these things called "maps" perhaps you've heard of them. I even heard a rumor that they can be found online. They don't have podunk bars listed on them, but they do have numbered roads. Maybe you should check one out sometime.

:wink:

psssst, there are these things called "maps" perhaps you've heard of them. I even heard a rumor that they can be found online. They don't have podunk bars listed on them, but they do have numbered roads. Maybe you should check one out sometime.

:wink:
:wench:Back in the corner! :wench:

Last edited:

bulldog

Okay, but not impressive

Went last night and was under impressed. Very nice/new sports bar decor, but hey, it's a new sports bar. Lots of room, nice T.V. sets, well decorated.

Seating: Plenty of it, but the seats are not at all comfortable. They seem to be on the small side to me and I just could not get comfortable. Seems they tried to save some $$$ here and it was a mistake IMO. I for one will stay after my meal and have another drink if I'm comfortable. Here that was not going to happen so loss of $$ for them in the long run.

Waitress: I asked what beers they had on tap and her response was "sorry, I don't know the bar stuff yet". :faint: I had to go up to the bar, see what they had and then come back and order. Besides that, she was fine. Very attentive and polite. I recognize that the place is newly opened, but at least knowing the beers (especially when they only have a few) is pretty basic.

Food: It was okay. Wife had cream of crab soup that was fairly bland, but did have a lot of crab in it. Temp was warm at best. Her wings (whisky I believe) were great and she enjoyed them very much. I had the pub fish meal and was disappointed. The fish was bland and sort of soggy (best way I can describe it) The fries were homemade :yay:, but also bland. Wife ate my coleslaw and said it was very good.

While right around the corner from our house and very handy to get to, probably will not make a habbit of going here. We eat out often so were excited about a new option close by. Oh well.

GopherM

Darwin was right

So this replaced the Italian place that everyone was raving about being so good. Did the fickle diners move on to something better or did the Italian place fall apart in their quality and service?

bulldog

Same location, but I have no idea what happened to the Italian place.

IMO, location is an issue here. Can't see it from the road, not much advertising (yet) so unless they do really well and word gets out, location could be a nail in the coffin. Hope not, hate to see any business fail.

R

remaxrealtor

Same location, but I have no idea what happened to the Italian place.

IMO, location is an issue here. Can't see it from the road, not much advertising (yet) so unless they do really well and word gets out, location could be a nail in the coffin. Hope not, hate to see any business fail.

They wanted to make sure they get everything right before they flood the advertising....there's going to be a grand opening on the 17th. The servers are learning and they really are trying.

J

jp2854

me my sister-inlaw and a friend of hers from work went to dinner there lastnight.
the food was good. There was a little confusion of who was tending to our table (we left the bar with drinks in tow) so we caught one of the waitresses and asked who was tending our table and within a few minutes our order was taken. It did take a while to get our food (the place was packed). We got checked on a few times by cathy (thanks for checking to make sure all was ok) and one of the guys (I think he was the owner) came over and he went back to the kitchen to see what was up with our food as we still hadn't gotten it by the time he checked on us and he apologized to us for not checking sooner than he did. all 3 of us have 0 complaints about the food it was all good and we enjoyed it.

We will be going back again but not sure exactly when.

Cokie

Young Crowd

I was in there the other night and well, it was a very young crowd for the "night life" which is fine if you are not over 35. I had a couple beers and listened to the band, "Full Steam", which was really good!! (there are six beers on tap and they were out of three of them?) The last time I went up to the bar I ordered a water and the bartender rolled her eyes at me.. I guess having a glass of water is not acceptable with her? I will add that I hung around the bar for a few more minutes and low and behold the same bartender was putting money in her pocket, no it was not tip money, then again maybe she was one of the owners?!! No cover charge for the band, which was great!!! I did not get there in time for dinner, but I will go back to check it out!! I do hear it is pretty good!!

JoeMac

The wife and I have eaten there twice. The cheese steaks are great. I don't really care for the extra $2.50 to get fries instead of chips though. Got hot wings the first time and was not impressed. The cheese steak is worth the trip though.

R

remaxrealtor

The wife and I have eaten there twice. The cheese steaks are great. I don't really care for the extra $2.50 to get fries instead of chips though. Got hot wings the first time and was not impressed. The cheese steak is worth the trip though.

Thank you SOOOO much for the insight! There will be a new menu shortly with some adjustments, fries being one of them, now that they're getting their footing.

As far as the post about the bartender....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There had been some strange money issues and we thought that may be a problem. It will be dealt with IMMEDIATELY!

Without awesome customers who are willing to point out the faults and make suggestions, often things are overlooked!:buddies: