Calvert's New Spay/Neuter/Wellness clinic

frequentflier

happy to be living
Patuxent Animal Welfare Society aka PAWS recently purchased a historic house on one acre of land in Huntingtown that will be Calvert County's NEW and much needed low cost spay/neuter/wellness pet clinic. Volunteers are currently working diligently to convert it into a clinic. Help is needed; especially a carpenter and a plumber. Pls call 410-326-1616 to volunteer time, supplies, or money.

This clinic will replace the Pet Taxi which will continue to run until the date the clinic is open. Available for healthy pets four months to six years, appointments are available at 410-326-1616. Every Wednesday morning at 7:30, pets and their owners meet at a parking lot in Prince Frederick, the paperwork is signed, and the pet is logged aboard the Taxi for the ride to Charles County Humane Society Spay/ Neuter Clinic at low-cost prices. (For instance, a cat spay is $65; the required vaccinations are $24.) The pets are returned to their owners at the same spot at 6 that evening. The Pet Taxi is operated by Patuxent Animal Welfare Society, Inc (PAWS) and Friends of Felines (FoF) volunteers.

There is also the Promise Wagon, a fully-licensed mobile spay/neuter clinic. It is scheduled monthly by PAWS at the Calvert Animal Welfare League (CAWL) shelter. The next date is Sunday, September 20. Call 410-586-1332 for an appointment for low-cost spay/neuter or vaccinations and testing. The clinic is additionally staffed by PAWS, FoF, Calvert County Humane Society, and CAWL volunteers.

If the low-cost is still too expensive for families, they can call Stop Pet Overpopulation Thrift store (SPOT) at 410-562-6516 to request a grant. SPOT operates a thrift store in St. Leonard at 5151 St. Leonard Road and uses the profit to fund spay/neuter grants. Please shop there and donate your unneeded items to SPOT. The store number is 410-586-8458.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Patuxent Animal Welfare Society aka PAWS recently purchased a 73 year old house on one acre of land in Huntingtown that will be Calvert County's NEW and much needed low cost spay/neuter/wellness pet clinic. This clinic will replace the Pet Taxi and the Promise Wagon Mobile Vet.

It's looking good from the outside...the yard looks nice!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Does anyone know if it is open yet? I need to get my dog neutered and my new kitten spayed (I think she's a girl! :confused:) and the vets around here are just outrageously priced! :ohwell:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Does anyone know if it is open yet? I need to get my dog neutered and my new kitten spayed (I think she's a girl! :confused:) and the vets around here are just outrageously priced! :ohwell:

Try SMAWL ..they give out vouchers for cat spays...can really help the price. Not sure about dogs though. but neutering isnt near as expensive..

frequentflier

happy to be living

The clinic is not open yet. The Pet Taxi is still running, though.

luvscats

did you find a contact who could help you get your pets s/n'd?

frequentflier

happy to be living
No, unfortunately. Do you happen to have any ideas?

The Humane Society of Charles County (301) 645 8181

Waldorf Well Pet Clinic (301) 885-0263

Lucky Ones (301) 884 2850

Well Pet Clinic (301) 866 0303

Pet Taxi (410) 586 1332

S.P.O.T (410) 562 6516

SMAWL (301) 373 5659

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
The Humane Society of Charles County (301) 645 8181

Waldorf Well Pet Clinic (301) 885-0263

Lucky Ones (301) 884 2850

Well Pet Clinic (301) 866 0303

Pet Taxi (410) 586 1332

S.P.O.T (410) 562 6516

SMAWL (301) 373 5659

Thank you! I cant WAIT to get my cat spayed... Her insane howling is KILLING me :shocking: