Lazy Inconsiderate people

H

Heretic

Anyone notice how many people actually use the shopping cart return bins at the grocery store? I saw this woman today just let her cart sit in the parking lot only two spaces away from one of the returns. This seems to be a growing trend, not just in southern maryland either. Take 30 seconds of your time and put the darn cart in the freaking return. This way it cant damage someone elses car, get blown into traffic and cause an accident etc.

Anyone also notice the rising trend to park right in front of the store not in a parking spot? Every time I see this I want to call the fire chief and have them towed.

Otter

Nothing to see here
LOL..Before I even read your post, the first thought I had when reading the title was exactly what you wrote about...Bugs the hell out of me why people just can't take the time to do the right thing. Re: the people who park in the firelane, the store managers don't wanna tick off customers so they don't say a word. I've never heard of anyone getting a hard time from anyone for parking in front of the store in the firelane.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Not only that but

People who bang their car door into yours and don't even acknowledge you if you're sitting in your car. When I got my new car I started parking as far away from everyone else as possible and I still take the time to put the cart in the slots.

Warron

That shopping cart issue is one of my biggest pet peaves. It really irritates me when someone leaves a cart is that middle of the parking lot. I used to think I was a lazy person, but I would never even consider leaving a cart in the middle of the lot.

A couple weeks ago I saw a guy who stopped in the middle of the road on shangra la drive in lexington park to let a woman get out and go into the bank. Then he stayed parked there until she came out of the bank. The worst part is that there was three near empty parking lots within 20 feet of where he stopped.

I simply can't understand people who do this type of thing.

S

*sunkist girl*

I agree with all of you. The worst thing is seeing someone take a handicap parking place when they should not, I was at foodlion in solomons and saw three little children in the car, ALONE, car windows up and get this the keys were in the ignition!!! I sat there and watched the car to make sure nothing happened to the kids while my daughter went to subway to get the policeman who was in there. We waited 10 minutes before the woman could be located God only knows how long those kids were in the car before I got there. I feel bad for butting my nose in but I could not take seeing the little babies face crying in the heat

watercolor

yeah yeah
I can not stand that. I dont understand how people can not walk a few couple feet to just put the cart somewhere where it wont damage someone elses property or hurt someone. *sigh*

And the car door thing...OH :burning: that is one thing I can not stand. It is just like omm, hello, you know you just did this....and then you go and just say well I hope they did not see me...la dee da dee da. Whatever!

In short, I agree with you all!

H

Heretic

What else also burns my butt is people that know they are in your way in the store isle but act like your not even there.

One day I tried to get by this woman in Walmart electronics, before it was opened up allowing better traffic flow. I said excuse me, said it again, third time she still ignored me. I walked arround the other way with my buggy and blocked the isle. She said excuse me to me and I replied "No". Shoulda seen the look on her face.

watercolor

yeah yeah
:clap:
I am glad that you did this. I mean the "kill 'em with kindness" does not always work. Cause they know they are doing it. :rolleyes:
I wish I could hacve seen her face. That would have been hillarious

fuzzyng

mean people suck

i HATE people like that in grocery stores... like they are like the Kings of Produce and they cant move a little over so i can get a box of macaroni and cheese...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Heretic
What else also burns my butt is people that know they are in your way in the store isle but act like your not even there.

One day I tried to get by this woman in Walmart electronics, before it was opened up allowing better traffic flow. I said excuse me, said it again, third time she still ignored me. I walked arround the other way with my buggy and blocked the isle. She said excuse me to me and I replied "No". Shoulda seen the look on her face.

What's funny is my mom and I fight about this. When someone else is being rude and blocking an isle in Walmart she will turn around and go the other way, she'll go 5 isles out of her way to "go around". Not me. I get rude. Sure I'll try to be polite at first. I'll say excuse me once, twice if I'm having a good day but after that it's all over. "Um excuse me, would you like to practice a little get the Hell out of my way?" My mom gets all embarassed and high tales it the other way. Then has the nerve to gripe at me and give me the speach about how two wrongs don't make a right. All I have to say in my defense is even though I may get dirty looks and sometimes a rude comment back I don't have to go around. :biggrin:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Thank God I got my dad's obnoxious genes. :lmao:

I'd rather be intolerant when it comes to rude people and give them a taste of their own medicine then be a pushover.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by BchBns
this one time, at circuit city ... some jackbutt in a new suburban or excursion parked next to my car, and in the process of unloading their gaggle from the back seat, they banged their burgundy-colored door into my white passenger side door -- enough to not only rub some of their paint off, but to then also dent the door! :burning: They didn't even have the courtesy to leave a note or acknowledge it!

Well, :rolleyes:, they "accidentally" had one a bit worse than what was on my door when we left ...

My momma always said, "Do unto others ... "

Oh would that be the Ciruit City in Waldorf. Let me tell you about that entire parking lot...:rolleyes: I was there just last Wednesday. I was meeting friends at Chili's for dinner. I'm driving in front of Circuit City when some butthead teenagers pull right out in front of me. Then the little "B" that was driving had the nerve to honk her horn and throw her hands up in the air at me cause I didn't even make an attempt to stop and almost hit her. Um excuse me.... have we ever heard of the right of way???? if I am going straight and you are trying to pull out to go the oposite way I have the right of way. Stupid people.

You know at my last job I got so fed up with lazy stupid people that I instituted a "$5 Moron Fee". Not that enyone ever paid up but I think it should be a new law. If you act like a moron, give me $5. Maybe if people have to start paying for their stupid behavior then they might start thinking twice.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Heretic

You know, BECAUSE of this, I've made it a practice for years to always be on the lookout so I won't be doing this - it's my belief that you forfeit bitching rights if you do it yourself. What I'll do is push my cart somewhere it won't be in the way and just LOOK, rather than park it in the aisle and block the other "lane" with my body.

Another one that gets me is folks who open the freezer door to look at the stuff inside. NOT spend a while getting things out - opening it up to LOOK. Hello? That's why there is GLASS there - it's not as though they move in closer to read or anything. Then they close it up and it's all fogged up now. Now EVERYONE has to open to see.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by joeyinlexpark

I wont do anything that drastic as to damage the car but I always have a little pack of sticky's that I like to write a nice comment on and leave it on the car.
My note to people who cannot park: (in red lipstick on the windsheild) If you *bleep* like you park, it's a wonder how you get it in!

Shame, shame on me.... :biggrin:

FIREMAN

I use to have these cards that I would leave on there window. It was Mickey mouse with his middle finger up. It said the next time you park so close to my truck, could you leave a F-ing can opener so I can get in.

I try to park my baby (truck), far away from shopping cart returns and other vechiles.

SmallTown

Football season!
I hate these people who INSIST on having these EXTRA large trucks or SUVS.. Then you have to wait 5 minutes while the idiot tries to get out of his parking space because he doesn't feel he has enough room.. Never seen a 5 point manuever to get out of a parking space until i came here... If you can't drive it, maybe you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Then you have the ones in the vehicles mentioned above who want to show just how good of a driver they are, so they will back into the parking space, again taking 5 minutes to do so.. And they never get in there straight, so at atleast 2 spaces are partially taken. Again, if you want to do this, get a vehicle you can handle.

John Z

if you will
Ah, all good gripes!

I hate all the people who fling cigarette butts out their car windows. Instead of using their ashtrays, they treat the friggin' planet like a big ashtray. :burning:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
I hate these people who INSIST on having these EXTRA large trucks or SUVS.. Then you have to wait 5 minutes while the idiot tries to get out of his parking space because he doesn't feel he has enough room.. Never seen a 5 point manuever to get out of a parking space until i came here... If you can't drive it, maybe you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Then you have the ones in the vehicles mentioned above who want to show just how good of a driver they are, so they will back into the parking space, again taking 5 minutes to do so.. And they never get in there straight, so at atleast 2 spaces are partially taken. Again, if you want to do this, get a vehicle you can handle.
The problem is derived from parking lots being designed for 2 & 4-dr roller skates instead of actual family sized cars. i.e. Crown Vic, Town Car, Concordes, PU trucks, Station Wagons and SUV's.

If they'd redo the parking lot to allow a reasonable space per car, and an actual 16' through lane, there wouldn't be any trouble getting in and out of them.

Driver of a Crew Cab Truck - I know first hand. (Thank G*d I didn't get the Dualie!) :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle

If they'd redo the parking lot to allow a reasonable space per car, and an actual 16' through lane, there wouldn't be any trouble getting in and out of them.

I think regulations dictate how many spaces per lot by the total sq/ft of retail space. Instead of making the lot bigger they make the spaces smaller. I'm convinced that no matter how large they make the spaces, there are still people who can't park right no matter what size vehicle they have.

SmallTown

Football season!
Like I said, if you have a vehicle you can handle, do whatever you want.

But I also find it odd when people back into the space at a store such as Giant. When you get to the car, it is now not as simple as opeing the trunk and putting things in. Now you have to squeeze the cart between cars, hoping not to hit them. When you get to the back of the car, you have to squeeze in behind the vehicle to open the trunk and load it up, making sure you don't scratch the car next to you or behind you. Seems like a lot of extra work for nothing.

As for parking space size, a bigger space would be helpful.. But the spaces in wal-mart haven't really changed size recently, so you knew before you bought the mamoth truck that it would be a tough fit.

Everyone I know that has an extra large truck or SUV also has a smaller vehicle, and they normally use this vehicle for their routine shopping.