St Mary's Co school bus #645

amyinmd

I was in the right hand lane this morning at 8 am passing Mechanicsville EM doing 55 when you came up on my tail then passed hauling a$$. Caught up with you later down the road as you were pulling into McDonalds. What, school buses don't have to follow speed laws?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Every day I see busses in my area doing 45 in a 25 zone. I have reported these same bus numbers in the past and they still speed, waist of time.

Did you call the Sheriff's Dept and ask them to run radar on them?

amyinmd

The speed limit in my neighborhood is 30 but buses ALWAYS speed. I've NEVER seen a cop pull over a speeding school bus.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The COPS won't do anything unless the witness is willing to go to court. An alternative would be to call the SMCPS Dept of Transportation.

amyinmd

The COPS won't do anything unless the witness is willing to go to court. An alternative would be to call the SMCPS Dept of Transportation.

I would like to see the cops clock the school buses with radar. If they are speeding give them a ticket. In my car my kids are protected with car seats and air bags. They become flying objects in a school bus.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Actually, the cops have been doing school bus enforcement for the last two weeks. You might not see them stopping them, but they are writing up their violations.

hotcoffee

:yeahthat:

I had a bus pass me last week, when I caught up to the bus it was doing 75mph....I called Transportation & reported it. :yay:

The PTA in Calvert County has been working on just those kind of issues. We are planning on getting with the Maryland PTA and the Maryland Legislature to discuss the safety of our children.

You know... about 10 years ago the Maryland State PTA adopted a safety statement saying that the PTA is works to make sure the children are safe from the time they leave their home until the time they return.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I was in the right hand lane this morning at 8 am passing Mechanicsville EM doing 55 when you came up on my tail then passed hauling a$$. Caught up with you later down the road as you were pulling into McDonalds. What, school buses don't have to follow speed laws?

Bring a camera, put them on YouTube!!! :coffee:

LadyCoyote

What is it with bus drivers? In our previous town, they had similar problems. One driver had done prison time, and I'm not sure how he got the job in the first place.
But speeding? That's nuts. Great idea about videoing it...send the video clip to the police dept and the local news station.