Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I'm surprised Obama didn't say Taylor Swift acted stupidly!!! :coffee:

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

An ABC spokesperson said, "In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," Politico reported. "This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

Moran's tweet has since been deleted, but can still be accessed.

West, who is no stranger to controversy, apologized for the incident after Sunday night's MTV broadcast and again Monday night during an interview on the premiere of NBC's "Jay Leno Show."

West told Leno he's going to take some time off to reflect and that "it was rude, period."

"I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve. If there's anything I could do to help Taylor in the future or help anyone, I'd like to," he said.

The White House had no immediate comment on the matter, Politico reported.

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
#1, that's not a stunning remark.

#2, why was it off the record and subsequently removed, with apologies from ABC to the White House?

Sorry, Maobama. You don't get credit for this one. If "the cop acted stupidly" was allowed to stand, "Kanye's a jackass" should stand as well. Especially since the cop didn't do anything wrong.

bcp

In My Opinion
#

#2, why was it off the record and subsequently removed, with apologies from ABC to the White House?

Any guess how long it will be before Kanye, Taylor and the o will be sharing a beer at the whitehouse?

(I would also invite Beyonce just because)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WHo said he didn't? The White House hasn't said a thing about this.

Oh stop.

Why else would it be removed from the twitter and an apology issued to the White House?

I realized that Mao loves to have every word he says filmed and recorded - he's the Madonna of the politico set - but I'm pretty sure there are some things that you are not personally privy to.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Oh stop.

Why else would it be removed from the twitter and an apology issued to the White House?

I realized that Mao loves to have every word he says filmed and recorded - he's the Madonna of the politico set - but I'm pretty sure there are some things that you are not personally privy to.

I am willing to bet one month's housepayment that Obama doesn't allow any electronic sound recording devices around when he discusses ACORN's troubles with Rahm and the rest of the intimate staffers. This is the equivalent to that "third rate burglery" at the Watergate. He knows that and he doesn't want some scratchy MP3 of him plotting the revenge against O'Keffe, Giles and Back going viral on the internet.

#1, that's not a stunning remark.

Sorry, Maobama. You don't get credit for this one. If "the cop acted stupidly" was allowed to stand, "Kanye's a jackass" should stand as well. Especially since the cop didn't do anything wrong.

Well, it would have been if he'd let it stand.

I don't like Obama as much as the next guy, but Obama did not apologize for the message; ABC apologized to the White House for sending the Twitter Message out. ABC had the message removed as it was reporting on something off the record. :shrug:

I don't think the Anointed One has apologized or is getting ready for another beer summit.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Any guess how long it will be before Kanye, Taylor and the o will be sharing a beer at the whitehouse?

Or Pepsi. Taylor Swift is 19.

She sure acted much older the other night though. And she has incredible talent ... Honest to god, her music is the only music coming out now that's any good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't like Obama as much as the next guy, but Obama did not apologize for the message; ABC apologized to the White House for sending the Twitter Message out. ABC had the message removed as it was reporting on something off the record. :shrug:

I don't think the Anointed One has apologized or is getting ready for another beer summit.

I understand that but it's clear that someone in the Obama administration contacted ABC and requested that the comment be removed because it was meant to be off the record. So he does not get credit for calling Kanye Racist Asshat a jackass, because he didn't mean for it to be public.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I think "incredible" is a stretch, but that does not remove the fact that Kanye was jackass.

I think her music is great. It's a shame because I like Kanye West's music but he's a racist. If you buy his album "Late Registration", his dislike for white people is pretty transparent.

That said, I only see it as music. I won't stop listening to his music because most of it is really good, but I'm not gonna say he's a great person either.