Oh Nooo...Mary Travers has died....

Katelin

one day the dark will end
The Trio is no more...Mary has died....
She was AWESOME!!
I grew up on folk music in the Boston area...jammed with Livingaton Taylor and drank with the Kingston Trio before they were really known....

What a gift she gave the world of folk singer fans....

RIP Mary, Peter and Paul and all of your fans light a candle for you tonight...
:huggy:

And lets us not forget Henry Gibson who also died today....RIP dude!!!

Last edited:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
The Trio is no more...Mary has died....
She was AWESOME!!
I grew up on folk music in the Boston area...jammed with Livingaton Taylor and drank with the Kingston Trio before they were really known....What a gift she gave the world of folk singer fans....

RIP Mary, Peter and Paul and all of your fans light a candle for you tonight...
:huggy:

And lets us not forget Henry Gibson who also died today....RIP dude!!!

WOW, how old are you???The Kingston Trio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Old enugh to know better and young enough not to care...used to hang out in the bars in Boston...and tossed down a few as they jammed......

I think you should correct Wikipedia cause they say they started in California, not Boston.......

bcp

In My Opinion
according to the Wikipedia, they did boston in June of 1957.
so, if someone was drinking beers in the bar listening to them that year, they would have been born in 1939 at the latest providing that the drinking age was 18 back in the dark ages.
so, that should make someone that drank in bars in Boston while watching the Kingston Trio play in person, around 70.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Saw Mary Travers in Georgetown at the Cellar Door. She sang 'Leaving on a jet plane'.
At the end she said something like: "I'm not leaving anymore", then her daughter ran into her arms from the audience - not a dry eye in the place.
She was one big blond with a beautiful voice.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Saw Mary Travers in Georgetown at the Cellar Door. She sang 'Leaving on a jet plane'.
At the end she said something like: "I'm not leaving anymore", then her daughter ran into her arms from the audience - not a dry eye in the place.
She was one big blond with a beautiful voice.

I guess her bags were packed and she was ready to go...
RIP, Mary.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
according to the Wikipedia, they did boston in June of 1957.
so, if someone was drinking beers in the bar listening to them that year, they would have been born in 1939 at the latest providing that the drinking age was 18 back in the dark ages.
so, that should make someone that drank in bars in Boston while watching the Kingston Trio play in person, around 70.

Ok, so it may be possible, I still throw up :bs::bs: flag.