'Rescues' ready for forever home

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Like you need more horses out there? Didn't we talk yesterday about riding just one horse a day and you still couldn't get them all exercised? hehehehehehehehehe

You're so silly!

Dawn

They all get exercised. A few of them just don't get as much as they usually do the last couple weeks due to my boy starting back to school. They still eat like they do though. My fuzz face gets ridden about 15-20 hours per week minimum. The girls get about 10 hours per week.....And the young appy about 15-20hours per month. I just like to get a variety of riders on them. I am always soliciting my son and daughters friends to go riding. Some of them really like it. Their parents hate me now. A lot of them want ponies of their own. Ooops! One of my daughters freinds said it was better than 4wheeling. I told him that the horses don't run out of gas in the middle of no where. :lmao:

Anyway I wasn't looking to buy, but you need a horse of your own. Maybe you should take a look. :lmao:

I just want to look at the pics of how they are doing. .......and .....I am partial to appys. :lmao:

Jack is 14.2 he would be perfect for your little man.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEIN JACKS PHOTO!!!!

Last edited:

DFSquare

I know you're partial to Appys. When I looked at the ads, that was the first thing I said out loud "OH! Now I see what she's interested!" :lmao:

So, what, if I get my own can I keep them in your pastures??? They won't fit in my back yard.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I know you're partial to Appys. When I looked at the ads, that was the first thing I said out loud "OH! Now I see what she's interested!" :lmao:

So, what, if I get my own can I keep them in your pastures??? They won't fit in my back yard.

My pastures ARE nice and green!
I am looking to try lease some land up closer to your way though.
Still looking?

ElliesMom

My ten year old has been riding Jack around the pasture.
He keeps pace with my draft cross mare at a walk, but he can also MOVE OUT when asked.

he is a very good boy! He is also very pretty.

Attachments

• DSC_0086.jpg
    DSC_0086.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 145

CountryLady

luvmyponies
My ten year old has been riding Jack around the pasture.
He keeps pace with my draft cross mare at a walk, but he can also MOVE OUT when asked.

he is a very good boy! He is also very pretty.

Appys are so cool. He is a pretty boy. Just look at all those spots!!!!!
And those STOCKY LEGS!!!!!

SO......DFSquare, wanna go and visit. :starcat:

I feel that there might be another field trip coming on!

Actually,..... Anna might be a nice size for your older BIG boy.

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Elliesmom,......Are the horses in Accokeek, MD?

DFSquare, ....if so that is not far from you guys.

You ought to go and take a peek.

If you are interested maybe Ellies mom would let us ride them at doncaster state park to check em out. Thats not far from there. :buddies:

I could bring up a couple of my horses and meet you. :dance:

Just a thought!!!!

I know, I know.....I am always looking for an excuse to ride.
AND I love finding ponies a good home. :high5:
(I am also partial to rescues).
They always seem to love and appreciate you that much more. :huggy:

Last edited:

ElliesMom

I am home all the time, I have 2 other horses, you can have a go see tomorrow if you would like.... ride one of my guys, have trails close or drag A out for a ride!!!

Jack is with me right now and Anna is over at A's house. Gonna have her first ride this weekend I think (she was really thin, felt bad putting a saddle on her) but she is coming right around.

A is very concerened about placing them in forever homes, and Jack would free lease for a year with an option for keeps at the end.

will pm my #

"A go see doesnt hurt,,,,right?"

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I am home all the time, I have 2 other horses, you can have a go see tomorrow if you would like.... ride one of my guys, have trails close or drag A out for a ride!!!

Jack is with me right now and Anna is over at A's house. Gonna have her first ride this weekend I think (she was really thin, felt bad putting a saddle on her) but she is coming right around.

A is very concerened about placing them in forever homes, and Jack would free lease for a year with an option for keeps at the end. cocoa.

will pm my #

"A go see doesnt hurt,,,,right?"

YEAH! we should go see DFSquare!!!!! I wouldn't hurt. then if you decided no, you could always brag about all his good points for someone that might be sitting on the fence about him. I bet you he'd be perfect for your boys though. Jack is about the size of my lil appy and my filly that your little man rode.

Last edited:

ElliesMom

These horses were given up by the owner for no cost to be rehomed in an area where the market is not dead.

These horses were painfully thin and had the bare minimum medical requirements to cross the border.

A has put more money into them than she will EVER get back. What money is reaped from the selling is going back to the original owner and not A and I.

These horses, that are perfectly fine, have escaped poor living conditions and are now being regularly fed, had the rain rot adressed, had thier teeth done and gained weight (in 3 weeks) from the regular feeding.

If helping an animal out like that is not a 'rescue' I dont know what is.

Because they dont fit the legal description of a rescue doesnt mean they werent in as much need as any of the horses that have been seized. We just helped keep them from that extent of abuse.

Robin

These horses were given up by the owner for no cost to be rehomed in an area where the market is not dead.

These horses were painfully thin and had the bare minimum medical requirements to cross the border.

A has put more money into them than she will EVER get back. What money is reaped from the selling is going back to the original owner and not A and I.

These horses, that are perfectly fine, have escaped poor living conditions and are now being regularly fed, had the rain rot adressed, had thier teeth done and gained weight (in 3 weeks) from the regular feeding.

If helping an animal out like that is not a 'rescue' I dont know what is.

Because they dont fit the legal description of a rescue doesnt mean they werent in as much need as any of the horses that have been seized. We just helped keep them from that extent of abuse.

O.K. thank you for the clarification. You are re-selling these horses and giving the money back to the owner that put these horses in harms way.

I really commend you for this, but however I would have told the owner that they would get the remainder of the amount left after you guys subtract what you have put into them. friend, family, whatever. It was their fault, neglect got that far. Nothing is free, You are good folks but, I would not be so kind to the hand that did this. Good Luck in recovering something back from their sale.

ElliesMom

Sorry not everyone can be a snobby elitist.

Some of us are nice, and do the 'right thing' contrary to whether it is or not, in whole or in part.

Just because part of the situation sucks doesnt mean the horses should suffer.

Duckz

Whoa! Robin is snobby and elitist now? :confused: Pretty sure she calls 'em like she sees 'em.

You took horses off their hands. They were not providing adequate food or medical care so the horses were in terrible condition. YOU spent money feeding and caring for these horses to get them in decent shape to sell. You're doing the work to sell them. You're doing a very nice thing, and I would not call it "snobby" or "elitist" to recoup the $$ you put into the horses. Sure, if there is any on top of that, pass it along to the previous owners if you want. I wouldn't want to reward people for neglecting their animals, but that's up to you.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Snobby and elitist are not words that come to mind when thinking of SOMD horse people. We just don't have the funds! :lmao:

I have to agree! I guess the wierd part is when animals listed as "rescues" are listed as unbroke 2yr olds with an asking price of over $2500. Not saying the horse isn't worth that, and certainly you have done well by the horse. Perhaps what started as a rescue scenario has now turned into a resale project. I have never heard of a rescue scenario that puts money back in the neglectful owners pocket. Many rescues taken in horses that need rehab or expensive care to repair, and have turned around and placed them in homes for $400 to $800. The price tag is just a deterrent to ensure that they don't get inquiries from potential owners that want toto load them up and take them to New Holland to flip a quick buck. I dont think Robin was being snooty, she is definately someone who supports rescue scenarious, and would spend her last dime to ensure her horses are cared for.

fredsaid2

I dont think Robin was being snooty, she is definately someone who supports rescue scenarious, and would spend her last dime to ensure her horses are cared for.

Exactly! As long as you take good care of your own animals you are A-1 in my book. If you can afford to help others - wonderful, if you can't or don't - no problem. We all know Robin goes over and above for her own. I just saw her as trying to clarify details w/ her question.

Hopefully your rescues will go to people who will do right by them.