Another father does the unthinkable...............

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"Distraught over his divorce and job loss, James Mulvaney killed his children and then himself, authorities say.

Distraught over his divorce and the loss of his job, James Mulvaney did the unthinkable, Ventura County authorities say.

Sometime after his ex-wife dropped their two children off at his Thousand Oaks apartment Tuesday, Mulvaney stabbed 12-year-old Jason and 7-year-old Jennifer to death in their bedrooms.

The 52-year-old father then took his own life by overdosing on prescription pills, a preliminary review Thursday by the county medical examiner's office indicates."

More at source: In Thousand Oaks, a father does the unthinkable -- latimes.com

muttdog

This is always sad to hear. If you wanna end your life, go for it, leave the rest of the faimly out.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I think what's even more sad is simply the fact that this isn't becoming unthinkable anymore. It seems like we hear about it so much more. I seriously couldn't bring myself to killing two children, let alone myself. It doesn't matter how low you go, things will get better.
That said, I agree. If you wanna off yourself, go for it. Leave everyone else out of it.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
It's sad that he killed himself yes but the worst part was that he took the lives of his children. But then, how could one live with themselves after committing such a horrid act.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
It said they were battling over child custody too. I think these guys kill their kids often as the ultimate FU to their ex-wives.

It said they were battling over child custody too. I think these guys kill their kids often as the ultimate FU to their ex-wives.

:yeahthat: The cruelist of them all are the ones that get the ex-wife on the phone and then kill the kids while she's listening.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Could it be that his wife, his employer, the court system, and social services had all already given this guy the "ultimate FU" until he cracked liked Humpty Dumpty. I'm not making any excuses for him but EVERY man has thier breaking point and it sounds like he was pushed until he reached his. Sad the kids were used a weapons. Maybe someone could have done something to avoid this.

Could it be that his wife, his employer, the court system, and social services had all already given this guy the "ultimate FU" until he cracked liked Humpty Dumpty. I'm not making any excuses for him but EVERY man has thier breaking point and it sounds like he was pushed until he reached his. Sad the kids were used a weapons. Maybe someone could have done something to avoid this.
Sing along with the Dixie Chicks...."Earl's gotta diiiiiiiie!" :getdown:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
In all seriousness, I think that anyone driven to the point of being that miserable or sick to willingly bringing harm to another should be put to sleep if at all possible.

So you don't think anyone deserves help if they are living in misery or are sick before bringing harm to another. I guess if things go wrong in your life you'll seek out someone to put you to sleep if at all possible?

Last edited:
So you don't think anyone deserves help if they are living in misery. I guess if things go wrong in your life you'll seek out someone to put you to sleep if at all possible?

I'm talking about that that refuse to get help do the treatment. If they aren't willing to focus on making themselves better, they certainly shouldn't have the right to be left to their own accord to impose harm/death on others.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I'm talking about that that refuse to get help do the treatment. If they aren't willing to focus on making themselves better, they certainly shouldn't have the right to be left to their own accord to impose harm/death on others.

NOBODY OFFERED ANY TREATMENT OR HELP!!!! GET IT!

I READ THE ARTICLE DID YOU? WHAT IT'S NOT FUNNY ENOUGH FOR YOU ANYMORE?!?!

Why are you screaming? Just because the article did not mention a pre-existing mental instability did not mean there wasn't one... did you stop to think she didn't necessarily divorce him to begin with because of a receding hair line?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Why are you screaming? Just because the article did not mention a pre-existing mental instability did not mean there wasn't one... did you stop to think she didn't necessarily divorce him to begin with because of a receding hair line?

You made the joke. I asked you one yes or no question. Do you think it's funny? A.Yes B.No.