maryland needs another 300 million

Looks like more furlough days on top of the ones given at the start of sept. + salary reduction...

so where is Maryland gonna find another 300 million??????

bcp

In My Opinion
Looks like more furlough days on top of the ones given at the start of sept. + salary reduction...

In higher property taxes in every county except for Baltimore city, PG county and Montgomery County.

anyone that does not live in one of those locations is rich, and can afford to pay the difference.

ImnoMensa

Cant anyone in Annapolis count.? This wouldnt have happened to Louis Goldstein.

Louis knew how to rein in a spend crazy Governor.

We need another 300 million to get by now what happens when we have to start paying back that stimulus money that M.O.M. borrowed.

Out of State tuition on illegal college students, retroactively cut off all funding for CASA, require residency for public assistance, drug testing for public assistance (fail and you're cut off), work requirement for public assistance, require birth control on public assistance (why are you reproducing when you cannot support yourself?)....

Mdbluecrab4

In higher property taxes in every county except for Baltimore city, PG county and Montgomery County.

anyone that does not live in one of those locations is rich, and can afford to pay the difference.

Rich? Have you been to PG county lately? :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme
Ask the Governor if the state is still funding CASA with State tax payer dollars. It's nothing more than an Hispanic ACORN and is highly influential in the State of Maryland.

Last edited:

Rommey

Maybe MOM can raise the tax that millionaires pay. That seemed to work so well last year. :rolleyes:

oldman

Lobster Land
Maybe MOM can raise the tax that millionaires pay. That seemed to work so well last year. :rolleyes:

Millionaires? I've been retired 14 years and my income is less than I've ever made yet MY taxes make me feel like I must be pulling in millions.

ImnoMensa

I was just told a little while ago that layoffs are being plenned.

Gee Ehrlich left a surplus. Mom ran through that gave us a 300 million dolar tax raise and nowneeds another 300 million, plus what he borrowed from the Stimulus package. Oh well maybe he can sell some of the park properties he just bought. It is always good to buy park lands when you are broke.

acommondisaster

We were just notified that there were going to be cuts made in services to people with developmental disabilities. Always a target since most of them don't vote and don't always have the means to let their voices be heard.

bcp

In My Opinion
I was just told a little while ago that layoffs are being plenned.

Gee Ehrlich left a surplus. Mom ran through that gave us a 300 million dolar tax raise and nowneeds another 300 million, plus what he borrowed from the Stimulus package. Oh well maybe he can sell some of the park properties he just bought. It is always good to buy park lands when you are broke.
actually it is good from the states point of view.
suppose the properties were to be developed. the state would then have to pay for infrastructure, additional police and fire, schools etc...

over the long run, an open piece of property is less of a strain on the state than a developed one. even if you do consider the taxes pulled in from those new homes.

ImnoMensa

Did they ever hear of anything called a budget in Annapolis.?

You know what that is. You take the money you have coming in and figure what you have to spend and you make the two balance. Extras are either planned in the budget or they are non-existent.

This make $600 million plus the Stimulus that the State is over budget for.

Time for a new regime in Maryland.