Worst office managment

SouthernYankee

Worst local Dr office managment

Worst run Doctors office, can't keep employees from leaving in Southern Maryland?

Last edited:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We used him when he was with Nasr and LOVED him.. I did not switch when he left though and I am glad we didn't. I have heard nothing but complaints about his office. I have family that goes to him and they are switching after spending HOURS in the waiting room each and every time they go.

I saw Cafferty recently and was shocked at how much he had aged in the past couple of years. It's to bad that he has went so downhill he was a great ENGLISH speaking doctor.

hotcoffee

We used him when he was with Nasr and LOVED him.. I did not switch when he left though and I am glad we didn't. I have heard nothing but complaints about his office. I have family that goes to him and they are switching after spending HOURS in the waiting room each and every time they go.

I saw Cafferty recently and was shocked at how much he had aged in the past couple of years. It's to bad that he has went so downhill he was a great ENGLISH speaking doctor.

On the other hand....

Dr. Cafferty diagnosed the problem I've been plagued with for years.... no one else found the problem. He is consistantly spending more than 10 minutes with each one of his patients, not including the testing and the paperwork....

Look... the average doctor's office has a 5 or 10 minute turn around time. In Cafferty's office, you do have to wait, it's true, but the doctor actually listens to you, diagnoses the problem, and he's not afraid to prescribe the right medication....

Isn't it true that sometimes there is even more paperwork when the doctor actually takes that step for his patients....

Yes... I have had a problem with getting a return call from the nurse.... but I understand this is an extremely busy office....

I find the staff helpful and friendly in the office.

So... if you guys want to bash the best doctor in Southern Maryland, if you are too busy to wait to spend actual time with the doctor, if mis-diagnosis is not a big deal for you... and you can wait two or three years and still have no real diagnosis... If you are so important you can't wait, then so be it... More patients will find him... There aren't very many great doctors in Southern Maryland

MissKitty

On the other hand....

Dr. Cafferty diagnosed the problem I've been plagued with for years.... no one else found the problem. He is consistantly spending more than 10 minutes with each one of his patients, not including the testing and the paperwork....

Look... the average doctor's office has a 5 or 10 minute turn around time. In Cafferty's office, you do have to wait, it's true, but the doctor actually listens to you, diagnoses the problem, and he's not afraid to prescribe the right medication....

Isn't it true that sometimes there is even more paperwork when the doctor actually takes that step for his patients....

Yes... I have had a problem with getting a return call from the nurse.... but I understand this is an extremely busy office....

So... if you guys want to bash the best doctor in Southern Maryland, if you are too busy to wait to spend actual time with the doctor, if mis-diagnosis is not a big deal for you... and you can wait two or three years and still have no real diagnosis... If you are so important you can't wait, then so be it... More patients will find him... There aren't very many great doctors in Southern Maryland

You wouldn't have to wait if he can properly estimate the time he spends with patients and then make his schedule accordingly. I've had ridiculous waits at Dr. Leon's office in Mechanicsville, even when I had the first appointment of the day. I really like him as a Dr., but it was not worth the waste of my time and the necessity to practically take a full day off work for any visit. I now use Dr. Damalouji at Nasr's office. The wait time is minimal, even when I called as a walk-in as a new patient, I maybe waited 15 minutes or so. I like him so far.

SouthernYankee

Not saying Dr Cafferty is a bad Doctor, he is, IMO the best Doctor in southern Maryland, my concerns are that he can’t get good employees to stay. The people they do get to stay will get access to your private health information and possibly release it to the wrong people. Also good employees will listen to you when you come in and make the effort to give you the best service they can. As it is they won’t and are not aloud to work to make your visit a productive one. They just had a good front desk person leave after Friday. They had an outstanding one leave about a month ago after being with them from the start of the practice. Lisa is supposed to be the manager but the other person that works there (we know who I’m talking about, and if you don’t just wait someone will fill you in) do her job.

Last edited:

LusbyMom

On the other hand....

I didn't bash him as a doctor. I know that my brothers last appt with him he was told to show up 30 minutes early. He didn't and they told him they couldn't see him because he wasn't early? WTF? He still had to wait over 2 hours to be seen.

LusbyMom

You wouldn't have to wait if he can properly estimate the time he spends with patients and then make his schedule accordingly. I've had ridiculous waits at Dr. Leon's office in Mechanicsville, even when I had the first appointment of the day. I really like him as a Dr., but it was not worth the waste of my time and the necessity to practically take a full day off work for any visit. I now use Dr. Damalouji at Nasr's office. The wait time is minimal, even when I called as a walk-in as a new patient, I maybe waited 15 minutes or so. I like him so far.

I love Dr D... I have been seeing him for almost a year now. I wish he wasn't so hard of hearing :lol: but he is a great doctor... and I love how blunt he is.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I must be doing something wrong. I take my kids to Naser and everytime we have ever gone, its been an hour or more wait. Does anyone else have this problem?

hotcoffee

I must be doing something wrong. I take my kids to Naser and everytime we have ever gone, its been an hour or more wait. Does anyone else have this problem?

I had that problem with him. I also had a problem getting an appointment at all. I'd leave a message and never receive a return call....

LusbyMom

When we have an appt scheduled ahead of time we never wait like that. If we call and get a same day appt then the wait is longer, but they let me know that ahead of time and I expect that.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I do not care for Dr. Cafferty's staff. I started going there a year ago and everything was peachy. The staff changed and things went downhill fast. I am still waiting for Dr. Cafferty to call me about lab results. I requested that he call me to talk about it. They are rude and leave you on hold 20+ minutes anytime you call.

I do not care for Dr. Cafferty's staff. I started going there a year ago and everything was peachy. The staff changed and things went downhill fast. I am still waiting for Dr. Cafferty to call me about lab results. I requested that he call me to talk about it. They are rude and leave you on hold 20+ minutes anytime you call.

You may have to call back. When I was there this week they said they were having trouble with the messages and disconnected it. Hopefully it has been fixed.

sinwagon

I used to see Dr. Cafferty when he was with Dr. Nasr about 4 years or so ago. I made the jump a few weeks ago to start seeing Dr. Cafferty again.

My first visit, I waited 3 hours before being seen. He did blood work, I went back about 2 weeks later (and in between this I dealt with his incompetent staff, particularly Ashley). He said that Calvert Internal Medicine was wrong, I do not have Fibromylagia but my labs reported that I have Lymes disease. He stated that I had 5 of the 10 bands in my blood associated with Lymes Disease and gave me 6 months of antibitics and for me to come back in a month for more labs and go from there.

He also says I have Hoshimotto's disease which I believe to be true because I was previously diagnosed about 10 years ago, just the doctors in between didn't do anything about it. He clains my Lymes came back negative last year becuase he does "more extensive blood work"

I called today to make an appointment for my kids because they were both exposed to ticks and one even developed a rash in which urgent care gave him antibiotics for 2 weeks. Cafferty said he should have had a month of antibiotics. So when making the appointment to get them established as patients, I get hung up on twice and got passed around the 3rd time. Finally someone gets on the line. I tell her I want them check for Lymes because I was diagnosed and they were also exposed. She then told that if they were diagnosed with Lymes their care may be outsourced because they have so many active Lymes patients that Dr. Cafferty cannot accomodate them all. This struck me as VERY strange and I asked who they would be referred to? She told me another primary care doctor in the area that would treat them as he would. I said well if thats the case, I will have to switch doctors because my insurance is not going to pay for 2 primary care docs.

This struck me as odd that this one doctor seemed to have an extreme outbreak of Lymes on his hands so much so that he had so many patients with Lymes that he can't even treat them all! One being my brother in law who has port in his chest and was told the same as I, not fibro but is Lymes. My friend who also has a port in her chest when this time last year, at her mothers funeral, she was fine and now something has violated her nervous system.

It was odd to me...I asked them to fax me my blood work. I looked at it, lookd at it again. I was only seeing in one area of the lymes disease 2 bands out of 10, it said for a positive there must be 5. The other section showed 1 band, it said for a positive there must be 2 out of the 3. Both said at the bottom NEGATIVE!

I thought I must be wrong, I called Labcorp and told them, that my doctor said that this test revealed that I had Lymes disease, she said "uh, oh I can't read results to you but get a second opinion." I asked her if the line that said negative meant NEGATIVE for Lymes, she said...oh geeze, these calls are recorded, I will just say BINGO!

I have got to call tomorrow and see why he told me I had Lymes disease when I clearly don't, why is he treating me for lymes when I don't have it, why did he say for me to take meds for 6 months for lymes when I don't have it? Why did he say I had 5 of the 10 bands when I don't?

My friend claims, I don't know if its true but she has moved from the area and said her infectious disease doctor told her that while she did initially have lymes, she DID NOT HAVE IT for as long as Dr. Cafferty was treating her and that she DID NOT HAVE IT when they placed the port in her chest. She claims her new doctor states the damage to her nervous system are possibly from the length of time she has been on the various medications. Again, I am not sure how accurate this is but I do know how accurate my tests are.

I hope that there is some explanation behind this, I hope that Labcorb and myself are not understanding something. I personally like Dr. Cafferty and I hope this is a huge misunderstanding becuase I do not want to have to try and find another doctor. Since leaving Calvert Internal who I was with for years, if I have to find another Doctor, it will be my 3rd one since June for me and my entire family and just getting established as a patient is difficult.

If anyone else has been diagnosed with Lymes Disease by Dr. Cafferty, I would love to hear from you, maybe you can shed some light on this for me.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
J/C sin.... you have been through so much :mad:

This is the third Lymes thread I have read this evening and I started a thread about the teeny tiny ticks, which I found are deer tick nymphs. I'm calling my son's Dr. tomorrow to see if I can get him in, start him on some antibiotics.