I've fallen and I can't get up

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
FOX News just announced that Robert Byrd fell in his home and the local fire department and ambulance services responded immediately. Byrd is now at the hospital being looked over. Hasn't been present much in the Congress all this session.

What is West Virginia's process on replacing a Senator in mid-term?

Animal

I eat red meat
FOX News just announced that Robert Byrd fell in his home and the local fire department and ambulance services responded immediately. Byrd is now at the hospital being looked over. Hasn't been present much in the Congress all this session.

What is West Virginia's process on replacing a Senator in mid-term?
Vacancies in the U. S. Senate are filled by appointment of the Governor, and the appointed Senator serves until the next election that is more than two years and six months away from the date of the vacancy. In other words, if a vacancy occurs after the specific day in May of an election year which marks the 2-year 6-month cutoff, the appointment would not be filled at the election held that fall, but the appointee would serve until the certification of the election two years following. The law does not provide for nominations from any committee.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish these guys would retire before they get senile and decrepit. It speaks to their lust for power that they'd hang around long after their mind has gone. And it REALLY speaks to the voters in their state that they keep returning these people to office when it's clear they cannot perform their duties.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wish these guys would retire before they get senile and decrepit. It speaks to their lust for power that they'd hang around long after their mind has gone. And it REALLY speaks to the voters in their state that they keep returning these people to office when it's clear they cannot perform their duties.

The hell you say

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi

The Senate will never complain 'cause whenever Byrd speaks they can either snooze or schmooze.

bcp

In My Opinion
Good god. I got to 1:30 of that and had to turn it off, it was so painful.

What the hell is wrong with WV voters?????
inbreeding. lots and lots of inbreeding going back many years.

think about this, at his age he could have been grandfather to the whole state.

backagain39

The Byrd family is very repected in WVA. The whole family is involved in community and local politics...................

willie

The Byrd family is very repected in WVA. The whole family is involved in community and local politics...................
Term limits would be the only solution in getting rid of the deadbeats. As long as they bring home the pork, they will be screwing the rest of the country until they die. They even get a lot of votes when they are in jail or dead. The answer is 2 terms max!

Attachments

• Byrd.jpg
    Byrd.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 51

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good god. I got to 1:30 of that and had to turn it off, it was so painful.

What the hell is wrong with WV voters?????

The man brought home the bacon in legendary fashion. Every see the second Washington Monument? The big one? Of course not. It's in Paw Paw.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'll believe it when I see the casket at the cemetery. He's got more lives than Morris the Cat!

Bann

PREMO Member
But one thing to his credit, he knew the Senate rules inside & out! Byrd gave all the new Senators the history of the Senate & taught them procedures, etc.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But one thing to his credit, he knew the Senate rules inside & out! Byrd gave all the new Senators the history of the Senate & taught them procedures, etc.

Gave? He wrote them! The only reason his name is not on the Declaration of Independence is he was off at a ribbon cutting in Moorefield that day for it's Robert C. Byrd National Powdered Wig Factory and Flintlock repository.

Bann

PREMO Member
Gave? He wrote them! The only reason his name is not on the Declaration of Independence is he was off at a ribbon cutting in Moorefield that day for it's Robert C. Byrd National Powdered Wig Factory and Flintlock repository.

:lmao: