Health Dept. to lay off up to 20 people

ImnoMensa

I heard today from an anonymous source, that the St. Mary's health department is to lose up to 20 people to lay-offs due to a 300 million dollar discovery of a shortage of funds.

First we were taxed to make up for a budget shortfall of 300 million dollars, our sales tax was raised, then we borrowed from the stimulus, now we fire people and furlough others to make up for another shortfall.

Where is the money, What happened to it.? Who's math was so in error that this happened and how much will we be taxed to make up for it? How much of this debt will be passed on to our county governments, their last real estate tax cleaned me out.

Damn ,M.O.M. you are getting expensive. By the way how are the slot machines in your buddy's restaurant in Calvert County doing?

eddy1

I heard today from an anonymous source, that the St. Mary's health department is to lose up to 20 people to lay-offs due to a 300 million dollar discovery of a shortage of funds.

First we were taxed to make up for a budget shortfall of 300 million dollars, our sales tax was raised, then we borrowed from the stimulus, now we fire people and furlough others to make up for another shortfall.

Where is the money, What happened to it.? Who's math was so in error that this happened and how much will we be taxed to make up for it? How much of this debt will be passed on to our county governments, their last real estate tax cleaned me out.

Damn ,M.O.M. you are getting expensive. By the way how are the slot machines in your buddy's restaurant in Calvert County doing?

That's not m.o.m. that's Gerald Donovan, Mike Miller's buddy. Of course, Mike Miller is a m.o.m. buddy.

willie

Health Dept. to lay off up to 20 people
This means Los Primos can go back to using horse heads.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I think you heard wrong....St Mary's County Health Dept laid off 12 people today....There was a $600,000 budget defict...12 people got the letter today and I heard threw the grapevine that there will be more by Christmas...Health Dept employees are State employees and the state cut all Health Departments...Believe me, I know...I got one of the letters...I have until November 20th...Then poof...I am gone...

Please vote against MOM....Even if you have to vote for JPC...I hope you all know I am kiddin about that...

Pete

Repete
I think you heard wrong....St Mary's County Health Dept laid off 12 people today....There was a $600,000 budget defict...12 people got the letter today and I heard threw the grapevine that there will be more by Christmas...Health Dept employees are State employees and the state cut all Health Departments...Believe me, I know...I got one of the letters...I have until November 20th...Then poof...I am gone...

Please vote against MOM....Even if you have to vote for JPC...I hope you all know I am kiddin about that...

Sorry dude.

Pandora

I am very sorry to hear that... my gosh!!! The state has money for crap they shouldn't spend for, yet, the Health Department is, IMO, an essential expense, especially when it is expected that we are going to have the worst flu season ever.

C

CalvertNewbie

Wow, sorry to hear the bad news. That really sucks. :huggy:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Wow, that's just rotten, I'm sorry.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

OMG, Sorry.

Pushrod

Patriot
sorry to hear that Dups! What did you do for the Health Department? I know that Environmental Sanitarians are in short supply throughout the state, so if you have your ES license, you should have no problem finding another job in either the county or state governments, or private sector.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I think we should take up a collection for Dup so I don't have to support him. Anybody got any old clothes for him? :dye:

Erin

One branch...94 people

Sorry to hear about the job-loss.

How do they determine who gets cut? There are 20 out of 94 people now without jobs; I imagine they are upset and probably want justification as to why it was their position/job. Seniority? Pay? Job title?

Then is this permanent? If they re-hire in 6 months - do the fired employees get their jobs back? Keep their tenure?

This really sux!

GoodnessME

QUOTE=bcp;3976953]I think they should lay off some life long welfare recipients first.[/QUOTE]

:clap:[THE BEST Suggestion of the day!! Maybe the state should look into that as an option...........it would SOLVE a lot of problems!!!